Why AC is not dead

This game was always meant to be for the long run. There will be optimzations after release and as with any game a lot of issues dont appear until the consumer plays it. So fret not, the game will release and no doubt gain more traction, especially through let’s plays etc, helping to boost funding for development.

5 Likes

Been a full year since last Kickstarter update.
Time to do a new one, Kickstarter is the primary funding platform and the last update was in 9th July 2018.

1 Like

I believe the devs cited rules/laws forbidding them to hold multiple fundraisers on the same fundraising platforms for the same game. Besides, if anyone would still like to support the game, they can still donate through their website.

He’s saying that it’s time to make a new kickstarter update, not a new Kickstarter fundraising campaing, @mosquitobyte

Don’t worry guys, game is in development. The only problem is that this is a huge project and we are only 1 and a half programmer and an artist.

25 Likes

Take your time guys. It’s good to hear that game is in dev. I think most ppl here are just craving for signs of life and mini updates rather than release date. As a dev myself I know how tiring and time consuming this work is.
I hope baking this game brings you joy and some time in the future we will be able to taste this delicious cake :wink:

5 Likes

dont spare the icing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

just dont forget to give us some breadcrumbs on the way so we know its not abandoned

9 Likes

@UncasualGames, men !
Don’t you want to take a work week to do small video in order to show some new graphics of AC ? This will turn for sure, the pessimistic views we can read into an optiministic one, with stars in the eyes :stuck_out_tongue:
And this will help and calm everybody following the project.

Keep working men ! And bring us this fucking promising game alive ! :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t know if I can play it in my lifetime. :哭泣:

3 Likes

I am sure that I will play this in my lifetime.

But seriously, devs you gotta post some updates. Just take an hour out every other week to post what is going on, and how everything is progressing. It’s not much to ask :slight_smile:

1 Like

They’ve told us (in countless posts lately) that they’d rather work on the engine/game every single hour of the week. Being 2,5 man in the studio, as I am informed, an hour a week or every second week at the forum (not game dev.) is quite a big deal.

That being said, I recall a post, indicating a release of some kind of beta in the beginning 2020. Not that the wait hasn’t been long enough (but worth it - ofc!)

1 Like

Reminder that the devs have been posting a brief update every week or two on
https://twitter.com/_AncientCities

4 Likes

I refuse to install twitter - cant a copy paste be done here somewhere ?
Once a month and I would be happy

2 Likes

You don’t need to have twitter installed to read the tweets in a web browser. Simply follow the link to the AC twitter page: https://twitter.com/_AncientCities

2 Likes

@Belgareth started a forum topic to collect the official twitter updates. Thank you for your service, sir!

1 Like

Boy did I kick over a hornet nest. I thought this topic was solved and yet people keep posting. Bad me, I think it is time to lock this thread and post a sticky?

1 Like

Do I have your permission to rename it to: “Why AC is not dead”?

3 Likes

I support this motion!

I went ahead and made the change.