Why AC is not dead

You have a point there, but I do not Tweet and do not have an account so that option is not available to me. Tweeting a one line would at least say that they are still working on the game and are still alive. Sometimes you need to stir the pot to get a reaction.

1 Like

If you’re curious you can just put “twitter ancient cities” in google, you don’t need a twitter account to browse it :slight_smile:

We are not dead.
Just spending less time in social as we have been a bit surpassed by work lately.
An update is coming soon.

19 Likes

We are not client but we are dreamers and helpers ! Man, I know you are a bit frustrated as many of us (understand all ;)), but I think most of backers known from the beggining of their investement that we are not expecting “business” game and we know this game is not foresee to be as the standard ones.
Actually I am pretty sure that most of backers did believe in that project because of that. This was a fact and something I often enjoyed to see into this community, that folks and forum writter are positively invested and with benevolent attitude for the project.

We all want news and information and possibly helping the devs while sharing ideas, playing BETA or whatever else, but we all are adults and know how to deal with our emotions as well ! :wink:

Please don’t go in that negative attitude trying to hurt devs by saying them they are thiefs/cheaters and the project is death bla bla bla… Or at least you can find your heaven their : Looks like this game has stalled - #22 by Uncasual

I propose you to play Banished in the meanwhile :kissing_heart:

Keep the smile and stay confident you will play this game soon and you will probably play it more than

But be sure we all want news and updates, I would just notice that I prefer not having tweet news than having each weeks a post saying “we are working on it” :expressionless:

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Do you see @badbear ? (humour) :relaxed:

I agree, but my emotions are screwed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or click on their link, but that only shows when they have last updated and nothing new. :disappointed_relieved:

They are alive. :grinning:

1 Like

See dude, they are working hard.
Every time they see a thread like this it takes more time away from development because they have to read and respond. If you throw in all other social platforms reading and responding to every last request would halt production significantly.

Everything on twitter is there for you to see. You just have to look for it…yourself.

1 Like

@badbear
A concrete news from the team : https://twitter.com/_AncientCities/status/1136067055319420928
Your topic has some effects :wink:

1 Like

The devs are responding on Kickstarter which is good, but now its 11 months since last update.
Last time I had to ask for updates on their primary funders forum it took a while for that to happen, and there was much reluctance.
The time is now to do another cumulative update. We have been patient enough

1 Like

So if they plan to release this year when is the beta going to drop? With everything being custom im sure there will be bugs for us to find. There is only 6 months in the rest of this year and bugs arent easy to find and fix. Not to mention the alpha release aswell. 6 months to fully release is a short time with no talk of the alpha and beta going out

The devs already said that they will not do an alpha release. For them alpha is a devellopment stage not a product.

4 Likes

They also said in the twitter status posted that this update is ‘not a hint at an imminent release’. So as mentioned before expect it to be towards the end of the year.
And that will only be the beta release for those who have highest priority.

1 Like

@badbear As a person who ‘invested his trust, money and love’ into AC, your post is exactly what you shouldn’t post. You could have just emailed them this question but instead you decided that you needed some attention like a little crybaby. Get a fucking life, will you?

Please, keep it civil. Impatience is no reason for this.

5 Likes

Although I think we need to be patient and there is no reason to say that this game is dead, from my point of view devs are not managing the deadlines in a proper way.
I work in IT, so I accept that there could be some delays in a project, but there is always a estimated completion date. Devs say that they are working to release the game in 2019 (being honest, I don’t think that the game will be released in 2019. Maybe the beta and the game in 2020) but always saying “TBC”. For any project there should be always a estimated delivery date.

4 Likes

Maybe they set one internally. As an IT guy you know that you do not reveal everything to the client :wink:

3 Likes

It is possible. Also I agree that it is not a good idea reveal everything. For example, in same way I am exciting thinking about how the gameplay will be, how technologies will be discovered, or the social life of my citizens. But estimated dates, from my point of view, is not one of these things.
Anyway, I still believe on this game. Cannot wait to play it at extra full detail :smiley:

4 Likes

I guess everybody has read latest news. Development does not stop, and it seems the game will run smoothly as the performance is being upgraded. I hope that this game won’t be as others, where in late game the performance decreases a lot.
Keep going!

2 Likes