Why AC is not dead

AC must be dead there has been no updates in Tweeter for a while. It might end like these games, Shady Video Game Kickstarters That Ran Away With Your Money

1 Like

Do not give up just yet! They have not published any update but they still answer people who address them directly:
Captura

Be patient, AC is coming. I trust Uncasual Games.

7 Likes

I donā€™t think they need to Twitter all the time, Iā€™d rather they work on the game than waste time breaking focus to tell people their working on the game.

I basically looking every several months or so to see notable changes and feedback.

8 Likes

AC must be dead there has been no updates in Tweeter for a while. It might end like these games

Donā€™t behave like a troll, please.

4 Likes

Who me? O.o

Sorry if it seemed that way, I clicked reply on the OP. Will add a quote to clarify :slight_smile:

Have some god damn Patience. focus on your life iā€™m sure you will get an email when its ready.

6 Likes

As an investor into the game I have some right to know that it is still progressing and that my money is not being lost to a game that has stalled or stopped. Second it does not take very long to post a sentence that the work is progressing. Lastly if you look at Banished the game the developer did more then publish a sentence, he explained what problems he was having and where he was at in the game. It made the game more desirable and hope that it would be completed. Lastly the want to know is not being a troll or a need to use Godā€™s name.:wink:

5 Likes

So theoretically they could post a sentence every month and not do any work and you would think everything is OKā€¦ Doesnā€™t make sense.

Iā€™m going to assume you havenā€™t read many of the update threads the developers posted? A lot of gameplay and technical discussion takes place with the devs.

This game isnā€™t like any other game so why are you comparing it to them?

AS AN INVESTOR YOU KNEW THE RISK YOU WERE TAKING WHEN YOU FUNDED THE PROJECTā€¦

Lastly, it is bad grammar to use ā€œlastlyā€ twice in the same paragraph.

3 Likes

No need to call @badbear out, he has actually been around for quite some time. I also can understand the stance in which we are investors and need to be informed.
The thing we must not forget is that we did not only pledge our money to AC, we pledged our trust as well. The project wasnā€™t finished and needed our support. The devs still need it to this day; yesterday it was money, now itā€™s trust.

9 Likes

Kickstarter has helped also some really good games to become reality like Kingdom Come Deliverance so lets not just focus on the failed ones. There is hope and having looked at the games that failed they looked pretty bad to begin with. AC is on whole other level. So cheer up, ACā€™s not dead, itā€™s just incubating :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is hilarious. The developers post a flurry of updates, and go silent for a month to focus on engine building. Then someone jumps onto the forum to declare doom and gloom. Every. Single. Time.

12 Likes

Thank you for that grammar lesson, and yes I do read their posts when I can find them. :slight_smile:

In any business communication is important and people become concerned if left in the dark. If AC just Twitted that they working on the engine that would be fine, but to go dark is not the answer. Do I like to doing these posts, no, but it does serve it purpose of getting a response from them as to what is happening, even though it is the same standard line every time. If you looked at Banished development, my favourite example, I had no risk in the game but was emotionally invested in it, I wanted it to exceed. The same I can say for AC. The single developer for Banished manage to not only make the game but managed to put out in depth reports of what the problems he was having and how things going. I guess in the end I was spoiled and want AC to measure up to that standard because I believe in AC and worried that it will fail as most single developer do.

5 Likes

I appreciate the latest thoughtful, measured post, @badbear.

To explain my first reaction: I consider it completely uncalled for to title the thread ā€œAC is deadā€, and then write ā€œAC must be deadā€. You know better. Itā€™s one thing to be worried, and understandable, too - but there is no need for provocative titles you know are not true.

5 Likes

I stand corrected, thank you.

2 Likes

We can all agree that more news will be welcome.
As an example when they posts the two topics about the delay and the world map the backers were enthusiasts

https://forum.ancient-cities.com/t/history-vs-game-play-discussion-and-the-world-map-solution/5175?u=louis.mervoyer

However, after a quick review of how they posts news it seen that they like to be quiet for a long time and then posts a long and detail post (before the world map post some peoples were complaining about the lack of news). @badbear your comparison with Banished is relevant (I also use it as a reference) but they do not work the same way : the Banished guy use his blog nearly as a personal notebook (with his own thoughts and setbacks) when AC use it as something official (everything announce here regarding the basic game will be definitive). According to me this difference between the two explain why the frequency of posts is different.

Your topic title was a bit provocative but I guess it was voluntary in order to catch the dev attention (we will see if it succeeded)

As for me, I am not too worried for now as they ask for translator in April and still answer to question here and on twitter. One reason for their silence is that nobody asks a concrete question on this forum lately.

6 Likes

You are right on both accounts. To answer this, " One reason for their silence is that nobody asks a concrete question on this forum lately." I have to say this is profound and I wonder if the drive behind that is the developers silence? Something to think about.

3 Likes

In my opinion, our developers underestimated the scope and effort. The schedule was unstoppable. Now you have 2 options: 1. Deliver the most necessary for a running game. Disadvantage, backer disappointed, developers dissatisfied, reviews bad. End for future projects.
2. Work as long as it takes. Do not worry the fan community with setbacks. Deliver a surprise and sacrifice the schedule.
Iā€™m going to tap 2.
Banished - o.k. - only in English (!) Thatā€™s how it starts.
Mount & Blade Bannerlord - meanwhile a 60 (?) - man / woman * studio, also announced in english only - since 7 years ā€¦Patience please, besides, who wants to play in the summer a construction Sim? :sunglasses::beer: And if only for testing purposes. :wink:
And by the way, we are sponsors, not ā€œinvestorsā€. Or do we have e.g. a ā€œsupplementary obligationā€ ā€¦? Or can we lend our ā€œinvestmentā€? So, please classify properly. :smile::wink:

2 Likes

@Gal2 being around for a long time doesnā€™t mean that you pay attention, although I do understand it comes across as quite brash. As I said, the idea that posting a one-liner to twitter is somehow going to impact the development of the game makes no sense. All it points out to me is a lack of patience.

@badbear, people have kindly posted screenshots of them tweeting the devs and getting responsesā€¦ I just donā€™t understand where you get this ā€˜left in the darkā€™ attitude from?