First closed version for backers release date

We differ on the definition on what we see as clear communication. I used subjective qualifiers with the goal of not starting this discussion again.

2 Likes

Vast majority of people knew exactly this would be the process.
It is there in the forums and has been for over 2 years. If you haven’t read it, that’s on you, no one else. It can’t get any clearer than that.

1 Like

Details posted in the forum are irrelevant to a “purchase decision”. Access is only granted after purchase …

Their Twitter with last call founding links to Ancient Cities game

There it clearly state “Rewards will be provided when available.” under their reward table

2 Likes

It’s on twitter too… It’s pretty much available where ever you were to look.

It is also irrelevant about ‘purchase decision’ because it is clearly stated there is no set date for release.

EDIT: Only reason I used the forums as an example is because this user has had over 1 month to read the forums and find out that that is the case. It wouldn’t take more than 10 mins to find the relevant sub-forum and it is the first post in there.

How is it the entitled gamers of the universe feel they can make demands - as the devs have repeatedly said this is a WORK IN PROGRESS version not the actual closed beta that comes with your backers tier, so to be clear you are entitled to nothing at this point. There is no fixed guaranteed time line, you knew this when you backed a brand new 3 person Indy studio. I personally think this release plan had some serious flaws by releasing the WIP the way they did but it’s THE DEVS choice not ours and no amount of freakout is going to change that. Most of us have waited 2+ years with hope but no real expectations as there’s a lot of unknowns in a project like this. So in short calm your emotions if the WIP is stable enough for a bigger test group LORD tier will get it if not we wait until they can bug fix more. And we will get on the next WIP release. @UncasualGames as always you have my support, keep your collective chins up and thank you for giving us a sneak peek at the future.

@Marko you beauty thank you for this post!
Overview of development builds and release plan details

9 Likes

Haha, I’m blushing :joy: Thanks :wink:

1 Like

BTW, I edited my earliers musing about the WIP release, there has been some development. See here :wink:

Nice work @Marko
Just, can you explain how we’re suppose to like specifically the Edit part?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(joke aside, it think that’s most reasonable not inflicting yourself such a pain – even though I totally understand the longing for just waiting a bit before having the pleasure to (re-)discover the whole finished game.)

1 Like

I just want to say this:

What is this all about guys?
You gave your money to a team of people, to create a game you like.

So all you can do is wait for the game to be finished… end of the story. Now, luckly you dont have to wait for it to be finished, you can play it while they still work on it. HOW GREAT IS THAT?
And what are you doing? whining here in the forum that you want your money back?

11 Likes

Just outta curiosity, Is there a time today we can expect an announcement/Decision will be made? @UncasualGames

I have been backer for 2,5 years now, so why you guys fighting for the few days??!!!

8 Likes

I feel like I should take more time, to create an answer respecting the effort you put into this comment. I read it twice now and at this point I can at least say, that I respect your point of view and I am thankful for the insight.

As I see it, we differ on point 3.
Based on the experiences I had with crowdfunded projects, I see the relation to the community as paramount to the success of such a project in the long run. And the damage that could be done by showing a less refined version is much more temporal when there is progress.
So, at a point where these two consequences are at odds, I would choose a)
As you stated you had different experiences with crowdfunding projects and I respect the logic that lead you to your conclusion.

To “Why am I not a beta”
I am not sure, if it is wise for me to talk about that, since it delutes my point of just being about the communication and not the actual process.
But I want to value the effort you put into this aswell. In general terms, I think the optimal solution would be to reward the risk that is taken and therefore the trust that is given. The two aspects of that would be the money spend and the time when it was given. Of course this doesn’t take into account that the same amount of money does have different value to different people. This has to be taken into account aswell for a truly optimal solution.
This information is difficult to acquire though. Therefore the only solid data-point is the point in time, when someone pledged. A delivery of keys according to this could be seen as the best of all sub-optimal solutions, I think.
Btw. I would be one of the last people to get a key, eitherway. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is irrelevant though, if a different process is choosen by the devs and you willingly agreed to it.
Some of us simply feel we were tricked into agreeing to that.

I think you knew I would disagree on the last part and I held back on that topic, because you explicitly asked me to. Don’t know how I should feel about that you brought it up again. …

It’s just about the butter being delivered at the right time. Not the money for the butter, maybe the dairywoman, but that’s neither here nor there. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Interesting answer, and really no offense taken in any part of it :wink:

About the choice for the testers, though, I think it would be very complicated to take such things as longest support or motivation into account.
The thing is the devs had to find a way to sort out possible testers – a way that had to be easy explain to everyone, and being efficient.
But, if we think about it – and leaving aside the time needed to sort out efficiently the possible testers – would any other option be sure to offer a higher quality testing? Maybe, but I’m really not sure of that.
Probably professional testers could help. But they have a cost, there’s to explain them the project from scratch, define agreements and expected results, etc.
So, well, that’s really not an easy thing.

5 Likes

Wasn’t it today? It changes?

1 Like

For what is worth, I have seen the developers say (tweet?) that they will check if it’s easy to give out access first to those who have been backers the longest. If that’s too time-consuming to implement, they will have to disregard that.

1 Like

Im a lord-backer and ik the game is supposed to come to me today but that it may get delayed but this is also me: every 5 mins clicking refresh on his email

2 Likes

The release for today was a maybe if things went as planned… you guy talking about today being the guaranteed day lord got their key are a bunch of Karen’s.

Testing new WIP version 0.0.1.7 in order to take a decision about dispatching keys to Lord backers. More info very soon.

33 Likes

Would it be possible for testers to help volunteer going through bug reports, especially when things start to ramp up once Lord’s recieve there keys and all the reports start flowing in, sorry just haven’t been excited for a game like this in so long and really want to help to do anything to help this game succeed

5 Likes