First closed version for backers release date

They will make a decision tomorrow on whether they will begin to roll out keys to Lords tomorrow or at a later date.

4 Likes

Thank god! thought I was the only one finding all this complaining completely uncalled for.

Just as a reminder, when backing an idea for a project it’s at best a 50-50 probability it’s ever coming to completion.

I feel it’s clear from up to now progress the devs know what they re doing! please be a little patient, it’s the only “help required” at this point. Think it’s not too much

3 Likes

It’s kind of funny to read people complaining about getting keys at the same time as others even though they were backing game for years. “I’m special”. :smiley: Some people thought kickstarter ended long time ago and they didn’t use it, now those people are “worse” because they paid the same exact amount of money, just a bit later. Seems weird that some people think they can say stuff like this out laud and not be ashamed of themselves.

I am seriously considering this a scam if they dont do something today, as they mentioned. It is not about waiting, its about constant change on their part.

And yes, one that paid 2 years ago and one that paid on 15 July has THE SAME RIGHT to complain, because it is their money, not yours. If you dont mind, keep that for yourself.

Today they “will be considering giving beta for lords” meaning what exactly?

If I do not receive a key by the end of the month I will demand a refund.

1 Like

Chill dude, just chill

4 Likes

it means they will decide whether the most critical bugs are fixed or they need more time. Personally I’d take the safe approach, as looking at some of the responses here, people will probably get mad if the game won’t work at their PC, and there would be a lot of complaining about broken game :smiley: If I were devs, I’d move the release until next week if the game is not stable today : P Otherwise it would be a play of “maybe next day” which is frustrating for both parts. But that’s just me.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I had the thought, that it being a scam is a possibility several times. I think asking for a refund if they don’t deliver within this month is your right.

On the other hand, they are new developers and at least I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. I think they are just bad at communicating and overprotective of their game.

But let’s see what information they put out today. I don’t expect my key today, but if they are open about the process and keep at least the “this month”-deadline I am fine. What you do about it, is obviously your decision.

1 Like

Shortened:
“YOU DON’T HAVE ANY RIGHT TO SHOUT AT ME WHILE I’M BUSY SHOUTING AT THE DEVS! BECAUSE!!!”

:rofl:

1 Like

Lol… even if the developers did end up not producing a final product by default of process utilized -> not a scam

by backing the game you are not guaranteed a game… this is exactly what backing is

suggestion you follow your advice “keep that to yourself”

11 Likes

Firstly, I am very calm and not shouting at anyone. Just pointing out.

Secondly, since when you are not within your rights to ask for something you have paid?
When they put out the “last chance” to buy, I remember “will start to receive invitations to play the current work in progress version beginning July 16 2020.” but nothing about end of the July.

This is lawyer talk, when you speak in such manner that you can do anything you want after the fact with no responsibility.

1 Like

They are 2 coders and an artist. More than 80 keys have been given out. It should at least start and run for some time without crashing for the one’s who had the time to test it yet.

Adding thousands of new players who will whine more when it dont work/breaks bring nothing but slowed down progress.

Give them time

11 Likes

Lawyer talk? Do you want precise words?
Then, show us where the devs talked about “buyers” or “customers” instead of “backers”? That’s not the same thing. At all.

4 Likes

You just prove my point.

Again, if I do not receive a beta by the end of the month I am asking for a refund. Not today ( even if they said that today will be considering )

1 Like

its an investment, you backed the game you didn’t buy it.

18 Likes

Calm your cringe Karen.

13 Likes

Nobody likes lawyer talk. Well, maybe lawyers, but nobody more.

I find it really weird, how you are all(edit: “all” is a too general statement, sorry for that. In this case you at least you are doing that) defending the developer, just for the sake of defending them.
Tell me one investor that wouldn’t make the developer adhere to deadlines and retract his investment if his requirements aren’t met.

2 Likes

Well, once you pay like $300k as an investor, I’d say no one will complain that you have demands.

It doesn’t matter if it’s 1$ or 1M$. … It’s still his right.

1 Like

That’s a very personal view, but in my opinion an investor wants to invest to gain a benefit, meaning he’s willing to take a risk to gain something precise, most often a financial gain. That’s where lawyers are important, just to outsmart others without being outsmarted themselves.

Backers are partly investors, partly supporters. They don’t want an immediate return and legal safeguarding, they just want that thing they got fond with when the project was presented to them, and want it to come true. They’re prone to speak about the final product, not the reimbursement.

The direct consequence is there are investors here speaking about deadlines and refund, while backers put the emphasis on the final product and are far more opened to compromissions, either with quality, or quantity, or deadlines, etc. There are and will be inner debates within backers that investors just regard as nothing.

Hence it’s easy for both investors and backers to see each others as a nuisance.

I think that’s clear enough, but just for the sake of it: I’m a backer myself, and I don’t want this game to be killed by too strict deadlines, bankers and lawyers. That’s what happened to a number of projects and games, and I don’t want that to happen to A.C.

12 Likes