First closed release for backers

Real great news :slightly_smiling_face:

As a side note: Iā€™m pretty sure one of the first mods Iā€™ll download on the Workshop will be named something like Lotusā€™ better Neolithic clothes.
(and Iā€™m pretty sure the author will find a way to have the mod non compatible with LittlePiggyPig257 Better Fur Pants :wink:)

7 Likes

I am planning the same xD im sure has a great knowledge and will share it :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,
Have to say, I am not a big gamer at all. And when I first used Steam platform, I thought, what a crap of software, an app which has the user experience of a browser website. And then workshop platform for Cities Skyline i.e., for me a huge mess.
Here is what I hope AC is going to have very soon: A Content Manager where you can manage hundreds of mods of all kind in a proper way. Of course a would prefer a solution which is a part of the game/simulation itself but a third party solution would be welcomed, too. There is a good change that I will create a dedicated forum thread about this topic when time is up.
We all will see, Martin.

1 Like

I cant remember If I chose to back and not playā€¦can I change my mind and ā€¦where can I go to figure out what I did to myselfā€¦lol

@addledplatypus

Do you mean you donā€™t know if (and for what amount) you backed the game?

You can find your backer settings on the main website (Ancient Cities game), log in via the button in the upper right corner and after you logged in, press your name next to the logout button in the upper right corner. There you can find your backer settings and you can even upgrade your pledge.

Is it possible to upgrade your pledge to gain access to beta?
(Iā€™m one level beloooooow nooooo!!) :wink:

@demon yes you can!

3 Likes

Hello!
I just became a backer, but Iā€™ve been following the game since 2018, I really wanted to become a backer then, but I couldnā€™t (stupid parents). I just want to say that Iā€™ve been looking forward to this day for two years. I know that in the grand scheme of things thatā€™s not that much timeā€¦ but for me it felt like forever, I guess thatā€™s how excited I was about this game. Itā€™s really not just for me though, my little sister has been looking forward to this as well (Iā€™m going to surprise her on July 16th). But anyway, thank you guys so much for all of your handwork and dedication, I know Iā€™m preaching to the choir a bit, but I really am excited about this release.
Thanks again
-John

9 Likes

Hooah

1 Like

This is wonderful news! So excited to see first hand what you guys have been up to. I cannot wait to play test!

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait for July beta ā€¦ :upside_down_face: I am fliping over with the news!

Unfortunately, the July version will be only a work in progress version, not the beta version we planned. But its time that backers could play the game.

7 Likes

Honestly, I donā€™t think thatā€™s a real trouble.

I guess this announcement means there are unforeseen issues that youā€™re dealing with right now, and probably youā€™re disappointed about that.
This may also mean youā€™ll receive feedback and reports about features that are unfinished, while still keeping the work on those things you envisioned for the beta, which may delay a bit the plans for them.

But all in all, I think itā€™s a good thing we have access to a build, any build, as this means we have concrete things to discuss about. Right now weā€™re essentially speculating.

Besides, this means also we may answer your questions while knowing what youā€™ve already done, how the game feels like, and how itā€™ll be in a number of months. If for instance you hesitate between two or three possibilities for technology implementation, itā€™ll be easier to answer while knowing how rules work, what we feel should be more fleshed out, tweaked or balanced, etc.

Soā€“even if thatā€™s a personal point of viewā€“Iā€™m perfectly happy with this solution instead of delaying more any real testing :slightly_smiling_face:
(nota: I would not say the same if that would be the base game youā€™d be about to release unfinished, but a beta is a beta, so everyone should now thatā€™s a work in progressā€“and the earlier the better as this means we may say whenever we feel somethingā€™s wrong while itā€™s still not too late.)

11 Likes

Please read funding section on our website, there is a description of the contents in this first work in progress version.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve not seen any significant change there. Does this means we (or I) misunderstood and that the whole content described in the crowfunding section will be in?
Your previous message seemed to state there would be less things than you intended when first announcing the 16th of July beta.

1 Like

tyvm, found it

Please read ā€œBeta Rewardā€ contents on funding section

I think itā€™s clear. The developers first planned for a ā€œfeature-completeā€ beta to release to the backers. Now they decided to release the current working version early (with the contents as described on the Crowdfunding page). This is therefore not the beta release they envisioned, but a version that will keep expanding with new features and content until itā€™s ready for general release. (You could arguably think of it as Early Access, though this is just my label.)

3 Likes

Canā€™t wait to try it.

Well done team keep it up.

2 Likes