No Kickstarter update since July 15th 2017 - not acceptable

As you know English is not our natural language, we have tried to write the update very carefully to translate the reasons and asking for compression as well as we could. Of course it was not our intention to be aggressive at all. If you can point us where it sounds like that and how we could express it better, we will edit it at once.

We offer detailed updates in the forum, but light updates as well on twitter and facebook, the 2 mayor social networks over the planet. We feel they are best suited and more simple ways to reach updates for people who wants to know that we are working without being in the forum. Not only backers want to know that.

It is not that it takes too long to write the updates on KS, that is just copy and paste as someone pointed, but that will generate discussions about the game in KS too, and that means we need to check and answer the comments, which are always questions that are already answered in other places. Its already happening on twitter and facebook, where people ask just the same in both places over and over. If we add Ks and Indiegogo, we would we answering the same four times already, five with the forum.
Honestly, that takes tons of time -I have lost half of the day with social management today-.

I mean, twitter doesn’t requiere to have an account and its just one click away from AC KS page. To reach a KS update you need at least 2 cliks, one to open the section an another to open the update. That’s why we don’t understand the problem from a practical point of view.

5 Likes

While I understand how it would be easier for you to have just one, or even two or three ways to communicate to us, social management comes with the territory of crowd-funding. If you are going to go the crowd-funding route, it requires crowd management. What works for some, or even a majority, may not work for the whole. Maybe you might want to look into finding someone who can be the dedicated PR/social media person who can focus on the backers who are funding your project so you can focus on the work? All I’m trying to say is that while you are the builders of this vision, we (the backers) are the legs you stand on and we do deserve some consideration.

I am really grateful for all the hard work you are putting into this, so maybe this is just a catalyst for you to get someone more dedicated to communicating with everyone so you can focus on the game and not lose your days to social management.

Again, thank you for everything you all are doing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great work on the update. Thanks for making time for it on Kickstarter : )

1 Like

Ok guys at Uncasual. Thanks for listening.
You may consider keeping another announcement before end of year, as a helpful minimum. Bet it didn’t take as much effort as you thought to do that.

The Kickstarter rolling thread had only two messages posted in June and one post in May and four in April. While the volume of replies cant be considered a ‘spike’ it’s two months normal traffic in a matter of hours.
As expected Uncasual got some criticism from those who had been waiting a year for a KS update, and more comments may follow. However this whole effort was for them, and we don’t know how many backers had written off this project over the last 12 months as vapourware, I suspect it is more than a few. The forum membership here accounts for only a fraction of the number of people who backed.

One crucial benefit of a KS update as I see it (is it possible to disable comments there? just a thought, probably not) is that the users don’t have to actively follow or check/click anything, they get an e-mail notification, get reminded of the game and recieve an update - and this reaches all the backers. Very useful. While I understand your reasons too, I think this is quite an advantage, so I support such cumulative updates every several months.

Very true. I come to this forum because of email notifications of replies, just as I did right now to reply to you.
Otherwise I pop in about every other month or so.

Likewise I go to Kickstarter when I receive update notifications, normally its my next stop after checking my email for the day, unless more pressing matters are at hand. I was in fact surprised by a list of notifications from this forum and Kickstarter just yesterday.

What the devs have is funding to make their art. They are working on this project ultimately so it can be released. You backed a project. I don’t see anywhere in the Kickstarter rewards that says the devs will provide updates to their project on your schedule. Software development is grueling and demanding and game dev specifically is pretty thankless. Maybe instead of making demands and acting entitled to the devs time outside of what you spent your money on (a game) you can just chill and hang out and be excited for a fantastic looking adventure into ancient life.

TLDR: You backed a game and not “community engagement” Please don’t harass devs. They have enough stress in their lives.

6 Likes

I don’t see anywhere in the Kickstarter rewards that says the devs will provide updates to their project on your schedule.

Assuming you have read the thread you might realise it is not ‘my schedule’. I asked for reasonably regular updates, for reasonable reasons and have done so understanding that intermittent updates are acceptable.
I also didn’t get back to this for two months, leaving the devs time to work things out on their own. A reminder was necessary and appropriate.
This is hardly forcing a schedule to any rational minded person.

Software development is grueling and demanding and game dev specifically is pretty thankless.

Thank goodness asking for an update is fairly painless. Type a few words, copy-paste a few images. Done.

Maybe instead of making demands and acting entitled to the devs time

Ok, must stop you there before your ignorance compounds itself. I and other backers, presumably including yourself, have PAID FOR the game. Let that sink in. A number of those who also PAID FOR the game have made comments on Kickstarter worriting if this is a scam and if they lost their money because of the complete lack of updates.

This is an actual entitlement for feedback over an investment, not a ‘sense of entitlement’ to demand attention now-now-now.

And labelling me with that is not acceptable. For the record I have been extremely patient. I waited nine months with no formal feedback on ickstarter before even opening the thread, waited a month after the first round of comments, then another two months. Patience shown, patience acted on. You are pulling your ‘acting entitled’ comment from your arse.

outside of what you spent your money on (a game) you can just chill and hang out and be excited for a fantastic looking adventure into ancient life.

Smart backers cannot afford to be that laid back. Check out Star Citizen and its ever expanding release date horizon.

TLDR: You backed a game and not “community engagement”

A Kickstarter project is actually both, look it up and educate yourself. It is even in the KS mission statement:

“Kickstarter is a community of people committed to bringing creative projects to life.”

Please don’t harass devs. They have enough stress in their lives.

Asking for updates on an investment is not harassment. It’s common sense. Do you understand the difference?

I don’t like to close threads but I think this one has already reached a solution and nothing good can come from let it going and going. So, hoping you all are ok with this decision -if not pelase let me know- I’m closing the this thread now.

7 Likes