First closed version for backers release date

I agree, it would be nice if devs could say “we send new batches at 9 am UTC every day” or something like that, current way of handling this is, in my opinion, unnecessarily secretive and causes people to obsessively check email every couple of minutes not knowing whether keys are sent at specific hour or every couple of hours or if they are sent at all. That’s just cruel. I mean… is it that hard to make such announcement in order to calm people down? @UncasualGames Just give some hour, don’t have to say how many you send. People will check email once, if they got the key - great, if not - ok, maybe tomorrow. Now it’s just constantly “maybe they sent it now”…

3 Likes

We announced : “We will send small batches, and when major bugs are solved we will increase the number of keys per batch” And this is what we are doing. Anyway you will get your key before the end of this month.

19 Likes

before the end of this month, wohooooo. I basically live on this forum.

1 Like

That’s great, but do you send keys in small batches every couple of hours? Every day? After every minor release? What’s the schedule here? Why can’t you just give us an hour every day instead of “wait from now until end of the month”? To be honest, it’s not very good way of handling this kind of thing. I’d say it’s probably one of the worst ways to handle this. You just gave people half a month of constant wait even though they supported your game and you’re not willing to make it easier on them. Kind of seems like you don’t care. Imaging someone telling you “I will give you the thing you’ve been asking for for a long time” and when you ask when, this person would say “I don’t know, maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe in an hour, in worst case in 3 weeks”. It’s horrible.

2 Likes

Please contact us in the website contact section if you have any concern or request about your pledge.

Wow, just wow. I won’t be recommending you guys to any of my friends. And before official release you should probably hire some PR person, otherwise steam community will eat you alive. I can see those negative reviews “Devs don’t care about your opinion, they won’t even answer your questions, they will just tell you to refund”. I wasn’t asking for refund, I just wanted to know at which time I should check email, giving me such reply is really weird.

1 Like

Whilst its a little disheartening to be so close yet so far, most of us backers have also been waiting years for this to come out so a few more days won’t hurt.
Keep up the great work @UncasualGames
Building a game from scratch takes time after all

6 Likes

Calm down. We will get our keys. And it seems that we get them very soon.

2 Likes

No I won’t, you obviously did not understand a word from my message.

yes, they need better pr. just calm down

1 Like

I understand. But i dont agree. I’m following on twitter and everything was clear for me. They are releasing small batches because of the feedback they get. So we can run a stable version. This is fine for me. After waiting a few years, a few more days or weeks dont matter.

4 Likes

Obviously you don’t understand even though you say you do : P I’m not asking when I will get my key, I’m not complaining that I have to wait, I’m asking whether they could say at what hours do they send keys so I wouldn’t have to check my email every couple of minutes. And obviously it’s too much to ask, because they just suggested I should get a refund. I can wait until end of the month, no problem, but all I’m asking is to let me check my email once a day, instead of putting me in constant state of waiting.

@dmnth
One thing to your credit: you’re not asking to actually play the game. Because

is pretty clear.

Now, if your obsession in life is just getting the key without playing the game, well, why not. But then, I’m not sure how such a personal pleasure is worth bothering everyone with your private pleasure or delay dev’s fixing of major bugs.

Or… Well, I’m beginning to have a doubt… Could you be just a normal guy, who actually want to play? Then the devs could say you exactly the same as you told yourself:

4 Likes

Do you guys even read my messages? Why do you keep suggesting that I’m asking for something else than what I’m asking for?

So, what are you asking for? To play, or the key to don’t play?

2 Likes

Neither. I’m asking at what time of a day they send keys so I could check my email once a day and wouldn’t have to spend my life on this forum.

Ok, so I get it you want to know when you’ll receive that key that is due to you, to don’t play the game. Things are progressing.

Now, next step: the devs are currently busy fixing major bugs.
Do you really think that’s a smart move delaying their work just for them to check when exactly you’ll receive your key?
So that everyone get his/her key later?

2 Likes

C’mon man, is it that hard to read with understanding the words? How many times do I have to repeat myself?

I’m not asking when I will get my key

I’m asking about time of a day when they send keys to people in general.

1 Like

To put this into another example when your baking a cake you set a timer
So you don’t keep checking every 5 min when it’s set to bake for 30 min so you don’t wast your time checking when you can be doing other things
Except instead of it being a cake it’s a new batch and of keys and the timer is every day

2 Likes

There is no specific time of a day when we release the keys. Anyway we want to send a batch every day if no more major issues are detected.

8 Likes