What is the latest news?

Is there an NDA in place for those that have been playing the Beta? Why hasn’t there been anything talked about lately?

4 Likes

Those who have access to play the game can’t give any information due to the NDA. That’s pretty much why most of the public forum is pretty quiet.

1 Like

I figured as much, although I’m hopeful to hear at least something from the developers soon.

1 Like

We are very focuses on development right now. In the following weeks we will try to improve communication for non backers. Thank you for your interest!

2 Likes

While I appreciate that you focus on the development, I think you could be a bit more transparent when it comes to said development. I backed this project back in July 2017, more than 3 years ago, with an estimated “delivery” of December 2018. I know that game development takes a long time with a small team, and I have no hard-feelings about that, even though the “delivery” date soon passes 2 years overdue. However I am a big bummed that Uncasual haven’t focused more on communicating with it’s backers. Thousands of people have enabled you to develop this project, and I think most of us expected to see some updates (a lot more than we have seen so far) along the way :slight_smile:

As far as non-backers are concerned, I don’t know why you would spent time improving your communication with those, when your communication with your actual backers are decimal. Again, I do truly understand that development takes a long time, but I honestly do not think that the level of communication with your backers shows much appreciation towards the people who allowed you to fund your game - especially after 3 years of waiting :slight_smile:

6 Likes

We will try to improve communication in the future. Currently every minute we use in communication is a minute that we don’t spend in development. We are only a programmer, an artist and a tool/systems programmer.

5 Likes

Thanks, again, I don’t want to sound rude, but it would be really nice to see some progress along the way :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We are doing our best and we appreciate your feedback.

2 Likes

As investors, it’s only benefitial for us that the public community feels valued and has a good perception of Ancient Cities and the Uncasual Games brand. Sales need to make profit, not just break even.

It also seems more beneficial for the developers to spend time communicating with the public community, rather than just backers, so that they wouldn’t have to do twice the communication. We are all part of the public community.

1 Like

With all due respect to you and your work, but I have been reading this text for several months, not weeks.
I fully understand that most of You are engaged in development and do not have enought time for PR but as a professional project manager I can only give You advice. Take one person from Your team (or hire one), who will have competences as a project manager focused on comunication and Agile style of working. Agile regime give You opportunity to regular (I suggest two weeks cycles) information to anyone interested and do not cost You much more time. Just, in every sprint review You will put summarize in forum.

2 Likes