Sargon

Your reputation… is in tatters, mate :wink: Now I just assume, there’s @Sargon again, barking at shadows :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

hey man, give me a break. I’m just some 18 year old college kid from the suburbs trying to make sense of this stuff from what little I’m able to learn on a budget. I don’t have the luxury of being a historical fiction author or the owner of numerous history books. So cut me some slack if I’m a little pedantic, I just want to learn as much as possible while trying to propose things that will make this game better than it will already be.

I’m only jesting at you :kissing_heart: I’m actually learning a lot of good stuff from your posts. I know essentially zilch about this time period, but I’m fascinated, like everyone else here!

you seem to know an awful lot about gameplay though. Which I find enlightening. Still, I was a little hurt, lol. I know less than you do about paleolithic Europe though, as I never studied it.

I got my ‘expertise’ from watching GDC talks, and getting involved with some early access games. And wikipedia helps me sound smart about historical topics, but I get sidelined pretty quickly. So don’t sell yourself short, the only thing that separates them from us is time and passion! :sunglasses:

Well, I’ve moved beyond wikipedia articles, but not by much lol. I have ONI, but stopped playing it when I realized there was no sustainable build of the game. It was very fun though, I just forgot about it somehow

True but the books are draging behind…:cry:

no need to get the redundant mate, we’re here to discuss, and not every time someone discusses a point you raise is it meant as an opportunity for you to be condescending.

Oh just grow up for once. I have said nothing condescending, I pointed out something you appeared to be missing or willfully ignorant off.

How am I [quote=“Dernwine, post:31, topic:1131”]
I pointed out something you appeared to be missing or willfully ignorant off.
[/quote]?

I said the point you redundantly made… So, you sounded very condescending.

And I acknowledged it, and then expanded on it in it’s Historical context, that’s called adding more to the conversation.

All would be best if all of us try to no enter into evaluations about other people and keep evaluations only about the original topic instead. Please.

1 Like

sorry, I just find that Dernwine seems to single my posts out more than others to “expand” upon and it gets pretty annoying. I just want to make a generic point about game mechanics without the constant barrage of historical corrections that I already made a nod to.

You also post a lot more than most other people, have a tendency to touch on this that I find interesting and enjoy talking to like minded individuals about, and yes, sometimes do get things slightly wrong. Also I was tying things into gameplay mechanics (although if you look way back at the beginning of the post this topic was made to discuss history rather than gameplay terms). If you have a problem with that you can always PM me.

I guess I miss-worded that comment, I meant that you seem to see a post from me and a post from a rando and you choose to focus down on my post instead of theirs, even when my post was more historically correct or banal.

I also like talking about things that interest me, but not to death and not into such ridiculous amount of detail. Look, I have no archeological studies under my belt and it seems you graduated with a degree in it. So, understand that I am more interested in the game and not the history and don’t necessarily care if the game is 100% accurate where you never conquer a tribe… I want a system which is fun for the most people - ideally utilitarian.

I realize the original post was historical in nature, but I diverted it into gameplay as soon as the devs posted the video as it seemed like an appropriate segway. I apologize for looking out for the best interests of the game.

I have just open the topic.
So now you have a place in case you want to continue arguing :slight_smile:

1 Like