Overpower PC performance support?

greetings everyone I am new here and I have not find my way around yet therefore I am posting this here I am currently a little bit concerned about the support for high-end computers

I was wondering if the game will be capable of running on a computer that is high and with the following specs due to that some games either crash or will not be fully utilising the resources
here are the current specs

CPU Type 16-Core Intel Core i9-7960X, 4200 MHz (32 CPU threads )
Motherboard Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme
System Memory 32438 MB (DDR4 SDRAM) @ 3200 Mhz
Video Adapter GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (11 GB)

with this many core end CPU threads most games do not know what to do with it
therefore the following will happen : game will not run properly ( or ) game will forced all workloads onto one core ( or ) game starts lagging ( or ) game will heavily limited performance as in it will mentally disabled all other course ( or ) it will simply not start

countermeasures if one of these things I mentioned is active here is at least one solution
physically limit task only to a certain x amount of course c example

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start ā€œGameā€ /affinity FF ā€œC:\Program Files (x86)\GAME\Game Launcher.exeā€

this will force the task or the game to run on an x amount of course that you specified with the affinity calculation ( affinity FF ) FF code will only use the first 8 cpu cores of the CPU and disables all the others for that singular task or game

this can be very useful for certain games because the game engine is not built for more
cores however this option does not always work
for more information about this feel free to check the following link

here is another example what I meant by CPU cores and threads

11111111111111111111111100000000 24 cores / 32 ( FFFFFF00 ) ā† code
00000000000000000000000011111111 8 cores / 32 ( FF ) ā† code

0 is disabled and 1 is abled
depending on how many cores and threads you have the code will change

ever since I had more than 8 CPU cores and threads I had this issue
that I physically had to change the affinity settings for application
but this can also have a plus side for example
game runs on the first 8 CPU cores and threads and obs aka live stream program runs on the other 24 this means that the two will never interfere with one another dis will mean that you will gain more FPS and more performance because they are not being interrupted the downside is that you physically have to calculate which cores and threads you want to use for each application

for example

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start ā€œSteamā€ /affinity FF ā€œC:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exeā€

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start ā€œobs-studioā€ /affinity FFFFFF00 ā€œC:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exeā€

each application has a different code
but doing it this way they will never interfere with one another
on top of that doing it this way they will not reset the infinity after you restart
you can also do this manually but it will be removed after you restart or close the application

therefore my question is will the games support multiple CPU cores and threads that are higher in more than 8

if you have any question feel free to ask and I will try to answer them

1 Like

i cant say for certain, but i remember a twitter update where they stated that they where doing stress tests with multiple PCā€™s and different types of CPUā€™s, which i assume ranges from low core Intel and AMD to the higher variety.so in short, iā€™m optimistic on the results.

note by the way I am where blind / dyslectic and I am using speech to text my apologies if my text looks weird

all good no worries.

good to know because the combination of parts that Iā€™m using is very rare and not many consumers are using this much power

We use every core in your system for loading tasks and for in game tasks we use a limited number due to overheating problems we have discovered when using all the cores. Not sure how the game will work with this app you are talking about.

1 Like

as far as overheating goes youā€™re doing something wrong
I built & a simple computers
I am not concerned of overheating
I am concerned if it will take all the resources that it is given regardless on how many course

if the computer has an overheating problem thereā€™s something wrong
in general regardless of how many course you have there is a safety procedure
is the CPU gets too hot it will automatically decreases the frequency if it is running at default stock speeds ( no overclocking )
if people over clock that is their decision and at their own risk
if youā€™re looking at default clock speeds and youā€™re using all course in a stress test
it should not overheat if it does overheat you will need better cooling

the current CPU Iā€™m using is boost clocked to 4.4 Ghz ( factory settings ) (first 8 course )
however I personally tweaked my processor to 4.2 Ghz (all course manually)
with a stable temperature and voltage

( CPU 40 Ā°C ) Idel
( CPU 66 Ā°C ) 100% LOOD All cours
water cooling

in general if you have a powerful CPU it will need additional cooling and specially a power hungry Intel or AMD processor ( I9 or threadripper ) if you decide to overclock it
but just in general a multi-core CPU needs good cooling
or you are just asking for it to overheat

just in general if you have a 10k system ( ā‚¬10,000 ) then you can assume that it has decent cooling

here are some pictures if people were interested

http://www.mgfixit.nl/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/20200521_143535.jpg

2 Likes

What does this mean?

my apologies Iā€™m using speech to text and it doesnā€™t always work properly I will try to correct it

" touretteā€™s most " I meant to say : threads
( CPU cores and threads ) A thread is a virtual version of a CPU core

1 Like

overheating? thats just sound like bad cooling, not a problem for use more cores

heh you have almost same setup as i do. i have 64gb of ram and hp omen x 65" emperium and 47" lg monitors :sweat_smile: