Namegiving of NPC's / player controlled Characters

Greetings Neolithians,

I was wondering (since I saw the Character sheet of a villager) can we name them individually.
For example sooner or later one special villager will become a favourite because of his cool skills in hunting or gathering or social or whatever, will I be able to name him as per my gousto? It would give the game a nicer aspect by letting the player build a better bonding /relationship with his villagers.
Cheers,
Pan

1 Like

Naming characters is planned but is not a priority.
The player will not control characters, not first or third person.

3 Likes

No of course not “control” I didnt mean it in that way sorry for my wrong wording :laughing:
And pLease no first /3rd person! :wink:
But as mentioned naming would be great, when everything else is fixed and polished and you guys have still time till release!
Cheers,
Pan

1 Like

It exists in the Tropico games, I believe, and also in Banished, the two games most closely related to Ancient Cities in terms of city-building and RPG style individual “unique” citizens. But it hardly had any effect other than role-playing or lore, like giving certain likeable or special citizens a nickname or honorific… In Dwarf Fortress it was quite useful to keep track of your most important dwarfs, the higher skilled ones, like a master smith or the master cook.

2 Likes

The feature has been implemented.
So the answer now is yes.

3 Likes