First closed version for backers release date

Nope, I’m not asking for daily update. That would also be great but would require more work from devs, so I leave it for devs to decide. I’m just asking for one time message/announcement- “we send keys every day at X hour, unless something happens”. Simple as that.

2 Likes

I put a ticket in the other day asking about it and they responded pretty fast. In all honesty they are more responsive then most devs. So you could try your luck there? If anything it might help with the anxiousness or what not?

1 Like

They already answered here, they don’t have specific hour when they send keys, so I suggested that they could have a specific hour, I think public announcements are better, because even if I get the answer, there will be couple of other people who would like to know as well, so tickets are a waste of their time as they solve issue only for one person. It’s easier to write something once, than answer the same question multiple times.

2 Likes

One problem with that: they don’t have a specific hour, as we have established. My understanding: they send a new batch of keys for the newest version out as soon as it’s ready. That means less waiting for everyone. We get it as soon as possible. In the worst case, under your scenario, we might need to wait 23h+ just because some arbitrary point in the day to send out the keys has already passed. Even if it’s inconvenient for you, it benefits many more people. It’s the right choice in my opinion.

6 Likes

That wouldn’t be a problem if they sent it at the end of their work. As I understand they do it once every day, so it wouldn’t change much.

They try to do it once per day. Its not a given

1 Like

That wouldn’t change as well.

They have stated they will release the keys once a day when the bugs have been fixed. The reason they won’t have a specific hour is because they don’t know when they will finish fixing the bugs they found that day. It could be 10am or 4pm.

I suggest checking your emails once in the morning and once in the evening.

3 Likes

I think it would be cool if they would be like “We will send out 50 keys, or 100 keys a day” I think that would ease people minds.

2 Likes

@dmnth I’m really growing interested in this discussion.
So, I’ll tried to sum up what you wrote those last few posts:

• you don’t want “the key to don’t play the game”, you don’t want “the key to play the game”, you don’t want to “play the game”. What you want for your peace of mind is knowing when exactly you may receive the key… to play the game.
  • you’re unable to bear the psychological stress involved in waiting this e-mail that warn you you’ve got a key for a videogame with major bugs. Because you want to play the game, bugs or no bugs.
  • the unbearable part of that psychological issue is you can’t refrain to check every moment your e-mails. This could be solved with checking you e-mail provider options or managing yourself you e-mails, but that’s not your concern. That’s videogame developers concern.
  • you believe the solution to any individual psychological issue involved with waiting a videogame key may be solved by a public answer by the devs to any such individual case – too bad if this delays the said video-game being actually playable.
  • you believe that endless complains on a forum magically end when individual concerns are answered with an individual a public answer. Among such cases are, taken from those last days:
    a) one supposed lawyer that didn’t read “from” in “from 16th of July” and asked for a reimbursement while it was specifically stated when backing there’s no reimbursement;
    b) anyone offended that no one may understand him/her when (s)he say (s)he want an email without having to check or manage his/her emails, so that (s)he may at long last play now a game (s)he can’t play now and doesn’t want to play now.

Am I right?

6 Likes

No, you’re not : ) I see a lot of assumptions from your side that help you ridicule my point of view and I don’t agree with them. Maybe just read what I wrote once again and stop “filling the gaps” with your opinions, then, perhaps you’ll understand what I wrote. I’ll help you with that:

1. playing the game is not the most important thing here, I’m anxious to play the game, yeah, but I don’t demand having it right now, I’m having issues with not knowing when people could expect getting their keys. You keep forcing on me the idea that I want game right now even if it’s not playable. I don’t. So please stop it.
  2. No, that’s, again, your interpretation which is incorrect.
  3. So it’s easier for me to ruin my email setup, than for developers to write one message that would help a lot of people to calm down, right?
  4. this is based on the assumption that announcing hour when keys are delivered will delay the time when game is playable, care to explain how? I wrote this sentence multiple times, takes around 30 seconds. Perhaps less, didn’t count. How many bugs can you fix in that amount of time exactly? I’ll help you out: zero.
  5. I have no idea what you’re suggesting here, it’s kind of hard to read through your “sarcasm”, but overall you’re wrong. I’m not arguing with devs here, I’m arguing with other people, mostly those who can’t help but put their own imagined thoughts into my words and trying to debunk them. Yes, that’s mostly you.

In short, I can see that in your opinion I want the game right now even if it doesn’t work, and you can’t handle the idea it’s not true, so you pretend for the moment that you understand me, just to go back to your original idea couple of sentences later.

Then their problem will be “in which timezone”, then “oh, that timezone is not convenient for me”

from experience there is no way around with whiners :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I found that someday somewhere on the internet it was translated via deepl into English:

A professor of philosophy stood in front of his course and had a little experiment in front of him: A very large jam jar and three closed boxes. When the class started, he opened the first box and took out golf balls out, which he filled into the jam jar. He asked the students if the jar was full. They said yes.
Next, the professor opened the second box. It contained M&Ms. And he put them into the pot with the golf balls. He moved the pot gently and the M&Ms rolled into the spaces between the golf balls. Then he asked the students again whether the pot was now full. They agreed.
The professor then opened the third box. It contained sand. He also added this to the pot with the golf ball-M&M mixture. Logically, the sand filled the remaining spaces. He now asked a third time whether the pot was now full. The students answered unanimously “yes”.
The professor took out two cans of beer from under the table, opened them and poured the entire contents into the pot, filling the last space between the grains of sand. The students laughed.
“Well,” said the professor, as the laughter subsided, “I want you to consider this jam jar as your life.
The golf balls are the important things in your life: Your family, your children, your health, your friends, the privileged, even passionate aspects of your life, which, if all was lost in your life and only these remained, would still fill your life.”
He continued, "The M&Ms symbolize the other things in life like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else, the little things. "
“If you put the sand in the jar first,” the professor concluded, “there is no room for the M&Ms or the golf balls. The same goes for your life. If you put all your time and energy into the little things, you will never have room for the important things. First of all, pay attention to the golf balls, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”
One of the students raised his hand and asked what he wanted the beer to represent.
The professor smiled and said, “I’m glad you asked me that. It shows you that no matter how difficult your life is, there’s always room for a beer or two.”

18 Likes

Reading through what you’ve said I highly suggest you try to force yourself to checking for the email at specific hours, 1, 2, 3 or 4 times a day, whatever number is often enough to be bearable. Not only for this, but for other waits in your life, try to force yourself to giving your own timeframes because it’ll be healthier if you manage to force yourself to control that anxiety.
Going to your own example of arachnophobia, it is possible for someone with it to force themselves to bear with them better, I speak from personal experience. And the same goes with the waiting anxiety, you won’t get rid of it completely, but you can diminish it.
Good luck with it if you try

5 Likes

Amazing… made my day thanks… :+1:

2 Likes

Marrowind was a good game, for sure. I played it for years!

The joke is on the spelling :wink:

1 Like

I am a published novelist… I also cannot spell at all lol

2 Likes

You know like having a specific time when the keys are sent, is like having a specific time when you have to poop. You can’t.
And you refreshing your Email every 5 mins is like going to the toilet every 5 mins cause u maybe could have a poop.
But instead just go when u have to, like 1 or 2 or maybe 3 times a day.
Like the dev’s do, when they are ready , they send the keys. Can’t specify the time. It happens when it happens.
Or do you have a “Poop Schedule”? Or are u running to the toilet every couple of minutes? No?

4 Likes

Guys, we moved on from this. Let it go.

4 Likes