First closed version for backers release date

The Madruga engine isn’t simulating the lifecycle of literally every plant and animal on screen and allowing everything to be harvestable. Ancient Cities is like comparing a space shuttle to a tricycle. Madruga actually scrapped their early alpha of Dawn Of Man when Ancient Cities was revealed and just rushed a reskin of Planetbase.

9 Likes

I am a Paypal buyers, i can’t wait to play thes game. I hope before august.

2 Likes

well … that’s very exaggerated. Dawn of men is not a bad game

2 Likes

i feel with you :sweat:

dawn of men was later first there was ancient cities and dawn of men copied many things based on this game I saw what they did and what the very first version looked like a ripof they saw the video and made sure their game would come out very rushed, not very nice details. but no problem I like to wait for ancient cities much better than dawn of men

4 Likes

Dawn of Man felt like a cheap arcade game compared to AC.

I did a rundown on it’s many issues, here:

6 Likes

But did you actually played both to fairly compare? Don’t get me wrong, I am on your side, ancient cities side, but I think it would be better to stop talking about other and get our mission done :white_check_mark: (making the best out of AC with all its opportunities)
Cheers
Martin

2 Likes

I am also a late PayPal backer since June 2020. I have recognised AC in 2017 and was very excited but decided to wait until a playable version is available. Followed up the development progress over the years and as I heard that this summer a playable version will be available, I imidiatly backed AC. The decision of the Devs to let the earlier lord backers receive their keys before backers like me is for me absolutely understandable and fair :+1: .
At this point I would like to thank all the early backers for their support to make this game happen :handshake: . Also thanks to @UncasualGames for their hard work, don’t worry about the stress makers who are trying to hurry up the progress…

12 Likes

Simply not worth any more of a reply than this.

1 Like

really, do you believe that Dawn of Man copied many things based on Ancient Cities… I don’t think so…
The mechanics are very different. When the game was released there were only trailers from AC, no real gameplay material.
The only thing they “copied” is the age in which it is playing.

Then you can also say that Ancient Cities copied the abandoned game Rise of Man (Rise of Man on Steam)… :wink:

1 Like

If I originally backed on kickstarter but later upgraded to lord via website, would I receive a beta key with the Kickstarter backers or the Paypal backers? just asking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone. I’m very excited and I’m waiting for the key release like creazy :)) . I’ve never checked my email so often like I do now :).

I understand that some of the lord backers got their keys so I’m gonna wait for mine patiently.

I hope to do a translation in romanian if the possibility exists.

Keep up the good work. I’ve waited 3 years, since I learned about the project, so, I can wait for a couple of days more :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes language is fully modable

4 Likes

Don’t mention Rise of Man. I’m still bitter that I bought that game xD

OMG I just looked up that game and it looks bad. I see no women in the game (other than one clip showing on eating). That’s strange. geez

Unfortunately yes, It was the same for me :frowning:

Same as you !

Thanks. I appreciate it.

There were women in the game. Just the game was literally collect some wood and stone and build a campfire. The ‘dev’ just quit updating the game with no word as to why etc.

1 Like

I’ve been scam too :joy: