Backer status

Hi, before we start with my main question on the KS overview screen I am expected to have access to
’VIP Forum’ according to my backer level - Early Chief.
However only Chief Deluxe allows access to ‘Develop Forum’.
I can post in forum sections with padlocks, but not start threads in them it seems.

This only became relevant this late because I wanted to ask questions about backer rewards and wanted to post in the relevant thread group.

For now I will ask here.

What DLC will KS backers actually get?
It is rather unclear frankly. It mentions ‘Exclusive KS DLC’ and ‘unlocked expansions’.

What is extra and how much to buy in if necessary at my pledge level?
For reference I am on the “Early Chief” package from the KS campaign in June 2017, I hear there have been other campaigns but I ignored them bacause I had already backed.

1 Like

VIP forum is used to post Vip updates that can be discussed by Vip members, but suggestions or questions are best suited in the general forum to avoid splitting the community. Otherwise the same topics would be replicated in both forums.

From the website:

• Exclusive DLC: Unique building so everyone will know that you are a backer (it will not affect gameplay).

“Unlocked expansions” means that all expansions ( goals with the expansion mark ) that get funded will be provided for free to all backers with “Unlocked Expansions” reward.

Goals not marked as “expansion” are not DLCs but improvements to the base game, for everyone.

Sorry, I’m not sure what do you want to mean with “extra”.

Anyway, other campaigns, including the current one with paypal, are based on the Kickstarter one and conceived as continuations, so pledges and goals are mostly the same ones, just cleaned. Unlocked goals also apply to Kickstarter or Indiegogo backers.

If you want to be sure what rewards you will get you can check that from the website, in the user button at the top right. Any upgrade to your pledge, if you want to do so, will take into account the amount you already pledged in other campaigns, of course.

VIP forum is used to post Vip updates that can be discussed by Vip members, but suggestions or questions are best suited in the general forum to avoid splitting the community. Otherwise the same topics would be replicated in both forums.

Not sure we need ‘VIP’ forums anyway, we are backers not VIP’s. However a developer forum is needed and it may or may not be beneficial to restrict that to those who have backed you or are otherwise committed customers.

From the website:

> Exclusive DLC: Unique building so everyone will know that you are a backer (it will not affect gameplay).

“Unlocked expansions” means that all expansions ( goals with the expansion mark ) that get funded will be provided for free to all backers with “Unlocked Expansions” reward.

Goals not marked as “expansion” are not DLCs but improvements to the base game, for everyone.

Can you please provide a list of expansions and DLC, highlighting which comes with which package.

Sorry, I’m not sure what do you want to mean with “extra”.

I dont know either, hence why I ask. We have Kickstarter exclusive content, other DLC, expansions, stretch goals etc etc and no specific labeling as to which is which.

If you want to be sure what rewards you will get you can check that from the website, in the user button at the top right. Any upgrade to your pledge, if you want to do so, will take into account the amount you already pledged in other campaigns, of course.

Thankyou, did that and found the following info.

Backer Credit
Game Key
Exclusive Backer DLC
Unlocked Expansions
VIP Forum Access

It doesnt tell me any more than the KS pledge campaign info did. There is a lot of content to this game. Ice Age, Bronze Age etc, I am confused as to which comes with which package.
From what I read during the campaign, Chief and above contains all game content (as of June 2017), but I don’t know about post kickstarter/Indiegogo. I still don’t know what the exclusive backer DLC is, is it a mystery box or one of the listed expansions.

May I please ask for greater clarity.

As stated before VIP forum is not intended to split the community, important updates and discussions will be public for all backers. VIPs just have access to more content like screenshots.
Discussions about game play and features, which are the most important, are public. That’s why new threads can’t be created on the VIP forum.

“Exclusive KS DLC” and “Exclusive backer DLC” are the same thing, a unique building that will be available to all game backers.

There are 2 kinds of goals:

Improvements for the base:
These are features that will be included to the base game, available for everybody who owns the game, backer or not. These are not DLCs.

Expansions:
We don’t want to have hundreds of small DLCs, but mayor content upgrades including new game play. We call this upgrades “expansions”, and we will use them to add new cultures and ages.

Keep in mind that unlike other goals, expansions will be not free for game owners, as they cost to develop almost the same as a new game. And in many senses they are new games.

At this moment there are two unlocked expansions and people with “Unlocked Expansions” reward will have them when available for free: “Ice Age” and “Neolithic Middle East”.

Other expansions have been teased on Kickstarter and Indiegogo, like “Bronze Age - Atlantic Europe” or “Bronze Age - Mesopotamia”, but they are not unlocked yet.

Backers with “AncientCities Pass” or “Uncasual Pass” will have access to all expansions that we may publish for Ancient Cities in the future, unlocked or not.

I hope all is clear now.
If you still have any doubt, please don’t hesitate to ask.

1 Like

When they are unlocked will they join the Unlocked Expansions, or are they separate payment DLC?

This is unclear because they were mentioned in the crowdfunding campaigns and thus implied to be stretchgoals, but it is all a little too ambiguous to me.

All future crowdfunded expansions will also join to the current unlocked ones and will be free for all backers with “unlocked expansions” reward. That applies for current crowdfunding run and any other crowdfunding run that we may decide to run in the future.
For any other people -but those with “Ancient Cities Pass” and “Uncasual Pass” - all expansions will be separated payment DLCs.

epic deal, tyvm

It is, for the price it just requires a bit of trust in the team at this stage of development
:wink:

1 Like

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

1 Like

VIP forums, and most thread forums are locked for me. I can start a new topic.

VIP forum section are for extended development updates and screenshots. We create the topics there. Allowing Vips to do so will create double topics on VIP and common. That will turn fast into hard to follow forum and the same answers in both places.

For game discussions you can open new topics in the feedback and suggestions section.

2 Likes