Ancient Cities v0.2.10.0 Agriculture & Environment

Hi everyone !

My 1st game since a long time (almost a year I think), still a long way to go to a finished game but last improvments are good, especially hunting and knowledge.

Some suggestions after 5h playing :

• Architecture knowledge is soooooo long to get (too much for me) and after building like 10 basic tents and playing 5h, I haven’t enabled new tents yet.

• Baskets (for food storage) should be movable, instead of destroying it and build a new one.

• Same impression for unlocking pit storage, it’s really long and 5h playing + 1 migration was not enough.

• I’m annoyed every time I want to build something : the game slows the selected speed when entering the building menu (ok its fine) but then doesn’t put back my speed game selection after validating the construction. I have to tap “2” or “3” button everytime, its annoying.

• I feel the night is still too long, even with the “skip” button ON. This skip night button should be more effective and allows to skip night time in like 2s IRL.

• I really like a feature you had before and you seemed to remove : Having the ability to chose which tree would be cut. Now it’s “random” … I liked this game for these small details we could impact on, especially when you build a village and want it to be aesthetic, then the lumber guy comes and cut the only tree near the fireplace ahah … Sad.

• I’m still struggling with tasks priorities between assigned groups and the community : I wanted to build a fireplace and a tent away from the group just after a migration, and 6 months ingame after and putting these building at highest priority, it is still not build yet … I have all resources needed.
    This feels annoying but you might have an explanation of how the groups behaves if a task is far from the “center” of the colony.

Thanks for your hard work and good luck !

2 Likes

Ok so I’ve managed to get up to 100 people before a starvation wave wiped out 30 (for some reason cropping got messed up two seasons in a row… everyone was just standing around doing very little and / or wasting huge resources trying to plan the same spots over and over again.

my next main observation - threshing is really time inefficient. I have 4 fields of wheat and three threshers and I don’t get through everything i’ve harvested before it detorioates. I’ve no problem with when it eventually deteriorates it last until just before the next planting season. However I can’t build more threshers to ensure this gets completed (I can’t really sustain three for much longer) because of the amount of pelt that is required. Something is off with the balance of pelt, to grain and the speed of processing here. If the idea is one thresher per field - the current pelt requirement is too high. If the idea is not so many threshers - the processing time is too high.

1 Like

Yeah the Devs are working on a hotfix for a lil bug that is causing some re-planting and re-tilling, so that will be sorted very shortly.

Wheat is like I have stated before, at least in my videos, dont remember if I have stated it here, not economical for the workforce versus income, but we love bread so we wantz it :slight_smile:
It is same as today :slight_smile:
The Devs might tweak a lil bit extra to make it more economical, and perhaps also the thresher efficiency, crossing fingers :smiley:

yeh, on that front Radishes are OP and for some reason delicious to my guys despite in reality being the worst vegetable in existence :wink:

I’m guessing the devs hate Peas as much as I hate radishes because for some reason my people can’t get enough of radishes and won’t touch pulses until they are starving and there is literally nothing left lol

2 Likes

My people love Bread! :smiley: dont forget food preferences are individual :smiley:

I can totally relate to loving bread, especially fresh straight out of the oven (it never touches storage)

1 Like

Yeah same here hahaha :smiley:

If it wasn’t for the tiling bug with farming I could probably walk away and just let the game play itself for an hour now right now, not sure how many more people I can feed as I haven’t really worked out amount of food required per person but I appear to have an infinite supply of radishes

2 Likes

Careful with that, yield is affected by the weather so you might have a bad yield if temp is too far off what the Beets thrive with :open_mouth: :smiley:

Tilling bug in action! they never finish these fields

1 Like

Looks familiar :stuck_out_tongue: :grin:

1 Like