Types of Animals in the Game

So we agree by simple logic :thinking: all humans are animals so
3- Simplified animals and fully simulated animals allowing for more population simulated at the same time

Again by simple logic :thinking: some animals are Human
And "more population simulated at the same time " means a better game.
4- Simplified humans/animals and fully simulated Humans/animals#1 allowing for a better game.

Note#1 provided not to many “Animals” that are not human are fully simulated. Then again AC from a animal point of view could be fun also :wink:

My point is once the population of fully simulated Animal objects reaches a point that it is taxing the resources all further Animal objects are of all of the “Simplified” nature and therefore there simulation is not as detailed. In other words human #X lot in life is cast as a Animal that will carry on in in the simulation using less resources than the chief, shaman, Hunting teacher etc who either because of player intervention or pure dumb chance are more focal to the simulation.

I know this is not politically correct and will probably regret saying it but what is the difference in the simulation once the population gets to X (assuming x is at least a couple of hundred) between domestic flock of sheep and a farm worker and his family other than artwork.

So as much as I understand and agree with you not wanting to spend resources on animals what is the difference because as some point in the simulation most of the Human population will be reduced to that of farm animals you will need mechanics to do that.

All of this is based on my assumption that I will be able to select a specific Human and both monitor and to a some amount alter there traits(concentrate on hunting, concentrate on farming etc). If the game does not allow at least some interaction on a individual level I agree totally with your direction. On the other hand if you allow some level of individual interaction for x number of humans what is the difference if you say x Animals and let some one monitor and observe the Alpha Wolf as is leads its pack to heard sheep and defend the village because of its strong bond with the Chieftains daughter and her great teaching skills with animals. Granted she could have taught her children to do the same job of herding the sheep but the wolfs are so much better and mature so much sooner.

Just for future reference, I post this article about the recreation of a Neolithic dog’s head made from his skull.

The skull was unearthed (along with 24 dog skulls) from a scottish cairn and dates back to 2500 B.C. Those unusually high numbers could mean dogs had a special place within the tribe (@Elfryc :wink:). The dogs were “the size of a large collie”.
IMG_20190414_165326
Picture of the recently recreated dog head

If Ailantd is feeling reeeally perfectionist, this is the way to modify the wolf dogs we saw in the crowdfunding :stuck_out_tongue: ('“the fur coat resembling [the] European grey wolf, as advised by experts” is already on point :ok_hand:). It certainly has a friendlier face than a wolf!

3 Likes

what about bees? in north africa they kept bees 9000 years ago and people collected their honey from wild bees around 10000 years ago.

2 Likes

Bees are a must. Their wax and honey were of great use!

1 Like

When did humans learn to harvest hives? Let alone manage apiaries.