Translators

Do we have someone with experience translating games to German, Russian, Arabic or any Asian languages in the forum?
Let us know if you are also willing to help a bit!

EDIT:
Thanks a lot for all the offers!

The help we currently need is for building the localisation system, so it’s important to have some experience with games translations and knowledge about how that kind of systems usually work.
If you have some scripting knowledge, even better.
For this kind of input being native or fluent in a language is still not enough as we need to have a very clear notion about how the system needs to be designed to match the gramatical rules for each language from a very technical point of view.

5 Likes

Not those languages but if you need another kind of help, always ready to help. Softw engineering and business

That is one of the most promising posts I have seen on the Form asking for help on translations is a good sign that the program is getting closer to release.

Wish I could help but I would have a hard time translating it to English even if it was in English to begin with and I am born and bred american :confused:

As a after thought I can translate into “grunt” provided someone can correct my spelling :wink:

1 Like

Hi guys,
native German speaker with some years of i18n expierence. If you need help, let me know.

Native German and English speaking, 42 years old. Let me know how I can help you.

Im willing to help with Arabic, but im not a professional translator, however im fluent in english and arabic is my mother language.

Regards,
Ali

1 Like

am not the translator before the Lord, but in terms, phrases and grammar I could for “fine tuning” to be helpful (Native German)…

I could help translate to Finnish if that’s needed. I’m fluent in English and know Swedish and German too but not as well as English.
I’d like to add that I would be more than happy to help with this project and I just wish you all the best :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I could translate texts or words to Basque if you are interested.

1 Like

I’m not a professional translator, but I could help translate the game to dutch, if you’re interested. I’m a native speaker.

If you would like I could help with Greek translation.

I like to help with Turkish. I have experience in game localization.

1 Like

Hi!
I’m fluent in English, Spanish, Portuguese and French. Native Portuguese speaker. If I can be of help in any way it would be an honour.

Thanks a lot for all the offers!

The help we currently need is for building the localisation system, so it’s important to have some experience with games translations and knowledge about how that kind of systems usually work.
If you have some scripting knowledge, even better.
For this kind of input being native or fluent in a language is still not enough as we need to have a very clear notion about how the system needs to be designed to match the gramatical rules for each language from a very technical point of view.

2 Likes

For i18n I only have some experience with gettext/po-based tools like pootle or zanata they use plural forms as well.

1 Like

Looked in my DNA … found nothing that helps. sorry! :smirk:

2 Likes

Hi, I’m French and I’ll be glad to give some of my free time to help you translating this game.

1 Like

I am backing also another game, the medieval-inspired Foundation. They are using the site “https://crowdin.com/” to let the community help to translate in so many languages as the players want. I think it would be a good idea to be evaluated for Ancient Cities translations…

1 Like