System requirements for AC

Well, I have the requirements, I think (see below), but my O/S is Linux Ubuntu. If I try to play with Wine, do I have chance of AC working?
Other than that I have a second machine with Widows/10 (see below), and I might be able to play with minimum settings (8-<)!

Linux:
CPU: Intel Core I9-9700, 4.6Ghz
Ram: 16GB PC3600
Video: nVidia GTX 1070ti 8GB
Monitors: two 1920x1200 c/w one shared with Windows thru KVM
Windows:
CPU: Intel Core I5-7600, 3.6Ghz
Ram: 16Gb PC3000
Video: nVidia GTX 750ti 2Gb
Monitor: 1920x1200 shared with Linux.

We don’t test the game with Wine, so no idea. Windows configuration should be enough for low settings or maybe normal at low frame rate

I have an RTX gpu and a Ryzen CPU. The ryzen CPUs handle process intensive simulations such as this alot better as they have great multi threading capacity(assuming the game supports MT?). At least the 3rd Gen do.
I can’t speak for their GPU but … yeah

Yes, we use MT. We have reduced its use because all cores at 100% results in overheating.

1 Like

I have a question about the OS. The requirements just says Win 10. Does that mean i can not play it if i’m still using Win8.1?

What performance should I expect with my build on normal graphics you reckon ?

specs:
i5-8600k
16gb ram
Geforce GTX 1070

The game should run fine on normal settings on this configuration;

1 Like

Virtualize Windows on that Linux box and I bet it will play just fine. 9700 got a iGPU you let Linux use, and you give the 1070ti to the virtual machine.

It is what I do to game. I tested 3DMark and all that stuff on the same PC with and without Linux. Same performance :slight_smile: QEMU/KVM

1 Like

How will the game run with these features?

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz
Video: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Ram: 24GB

Thanks

30-50fps in normal settings probably

2 Likes

Will it run smoother on final release as you guys progress in dev ?
I have a ryzen 7 3700x, 16gb ddr4 and rtx 2060, I know I can run the game but I hope max graphics and somewhere at 60fps !
Love you guys

1 Like

We are optimizing every day and the engine is in-house so… is a matter of time.

7 Likes

your GPU may let you down slightly. If you do struggle then try using the Nvidia Control panel to fine tune things. Setting a frame limit in the control panel as opposed to enabling Vsync (for example) often helps. Fingers crossed though!

1 Like

HI!
I found a better way for me to run the game: I use Remmina to access the Windows/10 machine from the Linux one, and thus on one of my monitor I run Steam for Windows and Ancient Cities in full screen . I have complete access to both systems without using the KVM that I normally use to switch one monitor, the mouse and keyboard between them!

I tried to use Steam for Linux with Proton as I normally play some Windows games and got a crash on game load with the message “ERROR - WinHttpSendRequest failed (12157)”.

RD

This is the game trying to send a report after a game crash.