Ritual Sacrifices (no Religion topic!)

Supernatural is definitely not going to be involved.

9 Likes

Sorry that was the gamer in me jumping genres :blush:
(But to my own defense there are many stories of people sacrificing to the gods hoping for something in return aside from moral like favorable winds & stuff)

That is true.
But to ask for rain to your god does not have any supernatural consequence.

6 Likes

@kakaliagoeas It will probably give a bonus to morale because the people would be firm believers in their god’s powers.

1 Like

Or even the opposite.

3 Likes

Natives of what is now called North America would do rain dances, asking their gods for help with crops & stuff. If they didn’t get what they asked for wouldn’t they have changed their practices, which would have an impact on their culture & overall way of life & how they do things, like the Maya? Compared to if their prayers were answered?
Of course some say that rain dances worked because they wouldn’t stop dancing until it rained :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I would say that.
Even worse, I would say some would start sacrificing stuff if the dance didn’t work ( Mayas? ) while others would start thinking that it all is just a sort of trial from the gods. Of course, at the end, it rains.

2 Likes

Under the section called “Flax farming,” I wrote a detailed explanation of flax farming to include a narrative with characters depicted during the Neolithic period. Several rituals are described within the narrative. It sort of reminds me of what you’re speaking of, at least in general concept.

I object human sacrifices on many levels, Christian and personal and would not want a system in the game, that is my opinion. Even if the system Castrelspirit’s “Your villagers perform a sacrifice on [Person Name]
Morale +25%” That would be foul for me because I would not know that human sacrifices were in the game until a message came up and there would be no way to opt out of that game mechanic at that point of the game. It would be a huge surprise, and not well recieved.

In the end, I am waiting for AC to explain the system they have in mind.

When starting up the game for the 1st time, there could be a configuration panel with all ‘‘controversial’’ mechanics such as Human Sacrifices, Violence against children, etc.

7 Likes

That or a DLC for total realism, allowing the game to maintain the lower ratings it needs for successful marketing while allowing people who want realism to specifically download/add it.

This balances compromises with marketability.

7 Likes

Would sacrifices be in the DLC or are they too important for the time period to ignore them?

? Are you trying to say that Christians and others could get offended.

I dont see why they would considering they used to be a part of our religion before Christ offered himself as the Last Lamb.

Unsure. The Dev’s might know.

If it were up to me, I’d say items/food sacrifices are a must, as are rituals.
I’m not sure how you could have a Neolithic game without rituals and offerings.
Humans (willing/unwilling) would be adult DLC (to keep the lower rating for the game).

Humans have a need to see cause where there is an effect. From Birth, people observe cause and effect in their lives for every action they take. It is of little wonder why events which cannot be readily explained were and still are attributed to supernatural causes and beings. The truth is that no one really knows to any significant degree of certainty what ancient people believed, other than more prominent aspects recorded in sculpture and works of long dead believers.

Given the de facto human need to ritualize important events, a common element throughout humanity, it is a reasonable assumption that rituals were commonplace and important in Ember’s time.

Neolithic woman praying to the Moon.

4 Likes

I do not know about other Christian but for me, I find the whole idea wrong. I say again I am writing about me and if the game has it so be it and I will not play it.

Johnnybegoodnot
2h

I don’t see why they would considering they used to be a part of our religion before Christ offered himself as the Last Lamb.

That was not a human sacrifice in the sense that is being talked about here. Lastly, Christ came to us all because we would never be able on our own meet God’s demands. I do not want the forms being over run with more comments about this so please stop. I do not believe the game should contain human sacrifices.

Cool pic and I agree “If it were up to me, I’d say items/food sacrifices are a must, as are rituals”

Thanks.
This is why I suggested putting more adult themed stuff into a separate DLC. That keeps everyone happy lol

It doesn’t need to be human sacrifices.

It doesn’t, but as mentioned above, it could all be made in a DLC.

Human sacrifices did exist but since the mere thought of it offends or disgusts some people. And so to avoid these kind of situations that could impact the public’s opinion of the game, it could all be made into a DLC that would regroup offensive mechanics.

2 Likes