Persistent settlements?

Hola dudes!

This has been discussed before a while back but I forgot the outcome.

Just a quick question to ask when you plan to integrate persistent settlements/resources.
e.g. I would like to maybe migrate elsewhere during winter/summer but when I return to original camp it is still in place.

If not, then at least taking resources with us as we migrate.

I haven’t been playing much lately but with the newer features creeping in i would like to spend more time in game and this would really encourage that.

Thanks

1 Like

This is already implemented

1 Like

It would be nice if the shell of the settlement were persistent and became points we can navigate to on the map. As we can’t get resources back from deconstructing buildings either yet it would be really useful if the settlement was there but needed to be repaired from e.g. 50% when you come back. Just so you aren’t starting from scratch beyond the first move. Players can then have nomadic routes they follow even season by season (to help encourage using this mechanic. This strikes me as realistic but also from a gameplay mechanic removes the disincentive I know I have of having to start all over again if I migrate (i’ve never actually migrated beyond the first colony, I’m building a town here…)

Only exception being anything made of stone such as walls and the megalith which shouldn’t degrade by the season.

1 Like

This is in the roadmap

3 Likes

Keeping old settlements will require a great game core overhaul also requires a huge amount of memory. Anyway we can do some tricks but it is not planned in the near future.

2 Likes

This is what I meant. I know we can take dried food with us when we migrate but taking some crafted resources like ropes, spears, tools etc. would be so much better.

This is how it works, everything craftable will travel with you.

2 Likes

That’s a shame as the concept is amazing, but a line has to be drawn somewhere in game design.

1 Like

Anyway nothing is discarded, the game development will continue after base game release.

1 Like

Yeh If I can deconstruct to get back the manufactured materials for everything I’ve built I can quickly set back up at the new location, making enough rope for all the baskets, dryers, and homes when I migrate is pain as you have to do it quickly.

I know I should probably have a stockpile ready to go but sometimes food just suddenly stops being restocked and you have to leave before it’s too late. (or as I usually say to myself, ok i’ve completed this test run now).

1 Like

Anyway deconstruction will have some resource loss ( depending on the building type )

1 Like

Does this include ropes which have been used on buildings already or is the idea that you make enough to build your settlement and then carry on producing enough to stockpile before migrating and starting a new settlement?

Thanks

Yes, food & crafted materials should travel with you if you find out that this does not happen please report it.

2 Likes