Neolithic Clothing in the Game?

you got some talent there! Ever thought of pitching a line of neolithic Barbie clothing? (not joking, this stuff looks very well made)

1 Like

Ha! I was just about to make the same suggestion! I think there does need to be an Outdoorsy Barbie!

True!

Making such clothing full size would be extremely expensive, especially if I screw something up. There exists figurines at the 1:6 ratio, but life like figurines in that ratio or hundreds of dollars, quite often. A simple Moana doll is 20 bucks and she’s the same size, and she looks nicer LOL

So I look at examples of things from the Neolithic and then make a reproduction for the tiny doll. If I want to, I can then spend the greater amount of money and make the full-size reproduction with more confidence.

1 Like

no no no, you absolutely should set up a shop on Etsy. You could probably sell these to a museum if you tried hard enough!

2 Likes

You are very talented, I tried to make something with the hides I get from hunting but so far have only succeeded in making rugs, still trying to make a decent buckskin by brain tanning. Do you buy the hides or do you tan them yourself?

1 Like

Thanks, but my sewing skills are not that great really. I buy the leather tanned. I understand the process used in the Neolithic, but it’s not something I have personally done. It’s quite… smelly lol

Right now, I have rabbit fur, bone beads and flax all shipping in the mail to make new things. This winter, I’m going to make some of these objects full size. If you don’t make the objects, it’s hard to write about them in any meaningful way.

2 Likes

That’s a shame, I think you would make some good money on it. And I doubt the ancients cared too much for perfect sewing, so I think you’re good there.

2 Likes

I try to make money off of Book Sales instead lol
By the way, never try to make money from writing… It never works. Instead, be a game developer. Programming pays well

1 Like

If only I wasn’t a Nuclear Engineering major, lol

1 Like

Ironically, Nuclear Physics is my other major hobby. (Really)

So I set down to spin a little flax today and make bone bead necklace.

I’ve made bone beads, bit it takes INFINITY time to do, so I bought these lol

So I made about 3-4 feet of flax from simply spinning by hand. I wet my fingers in a dish of water and roll the flax tightly by hand. I hold one end in my mouth and twist the other end, slowly feeding it into a roll. Takes about 10 minutes to make 3-4 feet.

Little bits of flax are added to the twine and slowly wrapped into a continuous string.

Using this LBK pot (made with easy bake “clay” lol) to hold the beads, I simply added them one at a time to strand. Simple as that.

2 Likes

Early Neolithic Spring Clothing

I will be posting a new set of clothing and items each day for a week.
I had these illustrations commissioned for my neolithic website.

6 Likes

Early Neolithic Summer Fishing

(Tomorrow, maybe a winter outfit?)

Note: Scene is on the Rhine River :slight_smile:
She is fishing with a normal bow/arrow but the water is only about 1/2 meter deep. she can easily catch the fish. Normally, a pronged arrow would be used. This scene is from my book, so (in that part of the book) she has no pronged arrows as is forced to use her hunting bow… just in case a archaeologist see’s the slight technical issue lol

5 Likes

I love your ilustrations

2 Likes

Thank you, but they are not mine. I commissioned them from an artist who, unlike me, can actually draw. LOL

I hired her to make me scenes from my books for marketing purposes as well as illustrations of basic clothing and tools for my website. Since the time and location is extremely applicable to this game, it just so happens that I can use them. Her copyright is in the bottom left-hand corner.

I just remove any self promotional stuff from them before I post them here, as that’s not the reason I’m doing it.

1 Like

I guess Stacey is she, so tell her she have great drawings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know some people may have different passion but nowadays I don’t know if it is thanks to internet and media but there are more and more people trying to imitate early human lifestyle. It’s a good thing we have those passionate in this forum :wink: We can understand how they do stuff and what we should do if we are stuck in a foreign luxuriant forest (what about wasteland ???)

2 Likes

I have a little bit of that too. Unfortunately, that’s in my third book so I don’t have much pre-made artwork yet. That book spins Anatolia, levant , the Arabian Desert and all the way into Pakistan, to the Indus. lol

I have several more sketches order it up and I’ll post those when they are available. They show such people.

1 Like

I am skipping posting one today due to work.
I have more on the way lol

Early Neolithic Winter Hunting

This woman is geared for hunting close to her village. She would carry more if she were going a longer distance. Her game will be smaller animals and smaller deer, such as a smaller roe deer.

If it gets cold, she might wrap furs around her leggings/arms and wear more layers.

2 Likes