Mods : What game elements do you want to add or modify in your mods?

I agree with @Artaxerxes, but I would also add:

-Clothing mesh/UV mapping/bone rigging, etc

1 Like

On the global map, be able to see the harvestable resources there. For example, see that in such and such a place, we can harvest reeds, or that in such and such a place, we find bones. I think that would influence our choice for migrations, especially for the place, but also for the season.

sorry i’m french, i used google translate xD

2 Likes

I think UI-Mod’s could also be really helpful.

4 Likes

Not sure this is best in the mod section?

2 Likes

I would second being able to mod the UI, but I don’t have really have any programming or modding experience. I have sum experience using Bash on Linux… I would attempt to learn how to mod the game, but I have zero experience with OpenGL… I guess all I can do for now is lobby for it :sweat_smile:

2D interface can we modded only by changing .art files. Anyway is complex and need a good explanation.

I also saw some font files but was not sure about the format. Like to change that too as a part of UI

I’d like to see a guide on implementing maps. Lately, I’ve been thinking that I’d like a much more localised map, smaller in scope but more detailed (not just rivers, but streams, etc.) is what I’d like to be able to implement. On Steam, there’s already a mod about the Po river valley: substantially, a guide on how to produce something like that would be really handy for me right now.

EDIT: ah, just saw your post about " How to create a HeightMap Mod". Brilliant, will try that: thank you!

I d like to have a real hardcore survival mod with these elements:

• a real weather system with thunderstorms and heavy rains, and why not snow, that would not allow the tribe to gather food, fish or build as easily as when the weather is good.

• less information on how much food the tribe has in real time, but I would like to have the amount only when tribe members drop food in the storage areas.

• I d like to have a more simple UI, more rustic like on trailer screenshots.

• I would like to see a greater diversity of flora and terrain.

• I d like to ear a greater diversity of nature sounds instead of this repetitive music.

• I d like to ear my tribe members speaking between us but without this english accent.

Thx @UncasualGames, and keep your great work :wink:

You can mute music in sound menu

Spanish accent maybe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe, I ll pay more attention next time to hear if this is a catalan, castillan or an andalusian accent :wink:

1 Like

Hello !
I would like to stop the camera rotation when the player is inactive

Regards

2 Likes

This thread tells it all. How about a guide on changing the color of plants, trees, etc? In my case, I need to do something to create more contrast.

https://forum.ancient-cities.com/t/trouble-seeing-stuff/7516?u=quittix3

Also, maybe a guide on adding sounds to the game when certain events happen. Having a probability of a sound happening if a person’s stats are within a certain range.

This would probably be a little easier of a goal with learning to mod, rather than trying to modify the UI.

Edit: I took a look at the guide on making plants and it looks like it would require making a new version of every living plant to change the color slightly.

I wonder if there is an easier way to mess with a contrast configuration or something to make the game look less flat in color?

I love it :slight_smile:

That’s beacause I suppose your life is never quiet stand…

A high contrast mode should be implemented or maybe configured in the driver settings.

I will see if I can mess with the contrast in my driver settings.

Also, I’m not sure what ‘game elements’ one would have to modify to be able to do this… But what about a mod that lets you have multiple villages, NPC controlled villages, and enemy AI controlled villages in one single game/map? And everything would be saved as a pre-made scenario that anyone could set up in any manner. And in game, one would have the ability to trade with the other NPC villages, capture them, or impress them enough that they want to join you.

I have a feeling that something like this would require a good size undertaking… I’m guessing many elements would have to be modified, and much new code would have to be written…

https://forum.ancient-cities.com/t/if-you-could-have-your-own-ancient-cities-expansion-spinoff-what-would-it-be/7535?u=quittix3