How to create a language mod

1 Like

Oh, I see.

Thanks!

Once I make a mod, how can I make it available for everyone else?
I was unsure if I should upload using the upload button as nothing is supposed to be public.

Actually only the backers with the Steam Key can visualize the Ancient Cities Workshop.
So you can upload your content to Steam.

1 Like

Thanks! I wanted to be sure.

I used to lots of tech docs when I work on stuff, so this is different for me…
Black Box testing lol

Documentation! Where is this magical world?

1 Like

There is a German language mod available, for those who are interested in.

Almost finished the basic of the PT-BR translations.

A tip for ALL translators: use other programs to edit the flies. I was using notepad++ and it gave me "nul"s that, if replaced, they were compromising the files. Had to retranslet a lot to discover this bug xD. Using the visual studio code right now and, no errors yet =)

1 Like

Using notepad++ you need to assure that your file it’s saved with this encoding.
imatge

If not, you need to convert the file with the same notepad++ before saving.

1 Like

I guess there are technical reasons for UCS-2 Little Endian encoding?

I really wonder, as for translators that’s realy hindering our work. We can’t use FreeCommander to look for information, nor WinMerge to spot changes betwen older and newest builds.
So I end up converting the files in my fake Catalan mod into UTF-8 to have them working, but this makes the work far longer and tricky.

1 Like

We are working in a tool to spot and report all changes/additions between versions…

Yes…

2 Likes

hello

i have some problem whit the upload of my ITALIAN MOD
the gam sey Error 9

how can i fix it?

i try the Mod on my game and it’s work … i don’t know :frowning:

Probably you need to delete this section from the Index.art in the root mods folder

U32x2:
{
Name:“SteamModId”
Value:“[any number],0”
}

Steam assigns unique numbers to mods after upload, and we update this automatically after your first upload.

1 Like

ok all the saction ? or just the Name number and Value? number

nottingh every time i try same error… the game create a new U32x2:
{
Name:“SteamModId”
Value:“[any number],0”
}

and he say error 9

Which number gives you in the created new section ?

Try to delete also this section from your [User]\Documents\Uncasual Games\Ancient Cities\User\Configuration.art file

Group:
{
	Name:"Mod"

U32/Vector:
	{
		Name:"Enabled"
		Value:"1,1,1,1,1"
	}

String/Vector:
	{
		Name:"Id"
		Data:"'French','German','Spanish'"
	}

Bool:
	{
		Name:"ModLoad"
		Value:"true"
	}
}

Please, can you send me in a private message or put here a zip with your mod ?

WORK IT’S FINISH

im very proud to promote the new ITALIAN MOD … on steam

link: Steam Workshop::Italiano

if you like my work leave a comment

i am really grateful to

DarkByte

for the help given
i hope to create more mods soon

thx

Giampaolo rocchi
on steam: jhon

hello

i have some problem whit notification in game …

i need to see where is this string …

The “Attenzione!” part is in Ancient/Entity/Trait/Problem/Index.it. (I think)

The trouble though seems to be elsewhere. I’ve looked and can’t find anything in this file regarding the “)” seemingly missing.

I’ve looked into Ancient/Entity/Trait/ResourceLack/Index.it, and again I can’t see any issue there.

I’m wondering if there’s not an issue in your local version that’s not in the Workshop version.

But I’ll use this to give a good advice for any fellow translator: when being in game, you may use F5 to reload the whole loc and check if you’ve fixed the issue you’re working on.

For instance, in this proper case, you may open Ancient/Entity/Trait/Problem/Index.it. and replace:

Attenzione!
Attenzione!

with

//Attenzione!
//Attenzione!
test
test

then save, then press F5 and look in game if “Attenzione!” is now turned into “test”. This will show you if you’re in the right file.
If that’s the case but you can’t find the issue, then go into the other file, try to toy with the “)”.
The very last recourse I think would be trying to find where is a faulty “!” that would be placed instead of a “)” but I’m pretty sure this would be quite disheartening :unamused: