How to create a language mod

In my item i saw one mod and i think it’s the language mod but now im trying to upload the mod but same error

last question you need to remove all the dashes not 2 dashes but only the part that i’ve translated?

Hmmm, I’m not sure what you mean.
Which dashes are you speaking about?

It suddenly came back in my memory I had issues when trying to name the mod. My first desire was calling it “Carnac” for instance, and it worked only with “Français”, which is the language name. But in the same time I was fighting another fight, with the folders structure, so it could (or could not) be that…

this ##

## means ‘needs to be translated’
when you finish the translation of the item, remove the first ‘#’ leaving only one ‘#’

1 Like

I fixed it no problem thx to all

1 Like
1 Like

Oh, I see.

Thanks!

Once I make a mod, how can I make it available for everyone else?
I was unsure if I should upload using the upload button as nothing is supposed to be public.

Actually only the backers with the Steam Key can visualize the Ancient Cities Workshop.
So you can upload your content to Steam.

1 Like

Thanks! I wanted to be sure.

I used to lots of tech docs when I work on stuff, so this is different for me…
Black Box testing lol

Documentation! Where is this magical world?

1 Like

There is a German language mod available, for those who are interested in.

Almost finished the basic of the PT-BR translations.

A tip for ALL translators: use other programs to edit the flies. I was using notepad++ and it gave me "nul"s that, if replaced, they were compromising the files. Had to retranslet a lot to discover this bug xD. Using the visual studio code right now and, no errors yet =)

1 Like

Using notepad++ you need to assure that your file it’s saved with this encoding.
imatge

If not, you need to convert the file with the same notepad++ before saving.

1 Like

I guess there are technical reasons for UCS-2 Little Endian encoding?

I really wonder, as for translators that’s realy hindering our work. We can’t use FreeCommander to look for information, nor WinMerge to spot changes betwen older and newest builds.
So I end up converting the files in my fake Catalan mod into UTF-8 to have them working, but this makes the work far longer and tricky.

1 Like

We are working in a tool to spot and report all changes/additions between versions…

Yes…

2 Likes

hello

i have some problem whit the upload of my ITALIAN MOD
the gam sey Error 9

how can i fix it?

i try the Mod on my game and it’s work … i don’t know :frowning:

Probably you need to delete this section from the Index.art in the root mods folder

U32x2:
{
Name:“SteamModId”
Value:“[any number],0”
}

Steam assigns unique numbers to mods after upload, and we update this automatically after your first upload.

1 Like

ok all the saction ? or just the Name number and Value? number

nottingh every time i try same error… the game create a new U32x2:
{
Name:“SteamModId”
Value:“[any number],0”
}

and he say error 9