First Mod!

Remember that you need to restart the game to see any change in your mods.

1 Like

I did. I don’t edit while it’s running.
Still doesn’t work. I am working on more mods right now as I can directly use them in the game asset folder (but that’s not a long term approach)

Probably this is only a problem of incorrect paths. Mod system concept is very easy, it is based on path overrides.This Monday we will talk about to do a post explaining how to do a mod and maybe we can implement some simple code for creating new empty mods.

1 Like

You need to export your model into fbx files, then use them from the art files.There is only one example of this in current game. We will make a post about this topic in the future.

2 Likes

The powershell on win7 should be up to date, it’s the os that’s the problem. It’s got no idea what some functions are and can’t decide things like (iirc) get-netadapter as the os has no mechanism to talk to that sort of hardware or DLL.

1 Like

Seriously, guys. That’s your very first faute de goût.

I thought you were kidding when saying you made and tested this game on Linux. But no one working 12 to 16h a day on Windows would wish anything happy to Bill Gates.

:any-serious-looking-smiley-looking-like-any-adult-that-tries-to-explain-life-to-some-kid-while-trying-not-to-laugh:

1 Like

Win7 PS is often not the latest build.
Same issue when dealing with servers of legacy OS, such as 2008R2/2012R2.

PS is a terrible language, IMO. It pays the bills, so I code it in often, but I always long for a real language lol

Okay, got my second skin done.
This time I went nuts with dots.

More to come. lol

If you examine actual lithic societies, you will find that they spend a lot of time with body paints.

2 Likes

Two more good skins are done.
I should start working on the men and children, next.

As soon as I get the mods part working, I will see if I may release these

6 Likes

looks nice! good job! greatings

1 Like

Well, I published my mod.
Better Body Paints!

The problem is that it does not seem to work.
I have only the 3 texture files in the exact path they exist in the game.
If I replace the real game files, they were.

I downloaded working mods made by @Uncasual (I think), the po river one, and mine looks exactly the same in structure. It is enabled (lit in the mods menu).

Just no luck

Once I finally get this working, I will create dozens of body paints for everyone!
Also, I really want to make 3D objects for the game, too… and sound effects!

6 Likes

Note: Ishtar is me. That’s my name.

Lotus253 is an old handle.

I had the same problem, will have to have another look Sunday

1 Like

Remember that mod must be activated in mod menu and then you must restart the game. And if you subscribe to your own mod you will have two copies in the mod selection menu. You dont need to subscribe to your own mod.

2 Likes

I tried it from the mod folder only and it showed up. It showed up as bright (highlighted/activated) no matter what I did. I tried clicking it several times and noted no change. I then restarted and found that it did not work.

Next, I subscribed to the mod. This did create two mods. This time I was able to select one (it became normal colored while the unselected mod become grayed out). I restarted and this did not work. I tried the first mod again with the subscribed mode grayed out. This did not work (yes, I restarted).

I removed the files from the mod directory and tried the subscribe only. This also failed.

I did a truth table of possible configurations and tried them all.
None work.

I’m not sure what I am doing wrong as the files all look correct and the mod does show up.

I downloaded another mod and it looks the same as mind (minus the different content).

Well, nude mods ARE very popular in most games :laughing:

3 Likes

Sure, but not too realistic. Neolithic people likely wore much less than us, but they were dressed. lol

I have checked your mod and texture folder is Culture/Mesolithic/Female and should be Culture/Mesolithic/Tatoo/Female

1 Like

I like a lot what you have done with body paintings, can i suggest you to search about Canary native Indigenous culture? From Canary islands, i feel that with some mods, its posible to recreate the way they lived with Ancient cities in a very accurate form. The first thing im going to do with the map editor and heighmaps is Gran Canaria island, i will love to have the canary designs for bodypaints. The name of these designs is “pintadera canaria”. Please take a look about these amazing culture. Sorry about my english.

3 Likes

Well if I screwed that up, it would defiantly be the issue.
That more obvious than it should be and makes me wonder how I missed it.
I must have gotten mixed up somehow to make such a silly mistake!

Anyhow, thank you for checking!!

So many mods need to be made, for sure!!!