AMD Supported?

Hey there, just popping in to check about the status of potential future support for AMD processors. If AMD processors will be supported at all in the long run, what will the timeframe look like loosely guestimating as of now? Love the work you guys are doing. Haven’t been able to play on my own computer because I use an AMD processor but my best friend is also Lord Tier backer so we’ve been watching the progress together and playing together on his Intel.

1 Like

Hi. I wonder if you would mind detailing what exactly the issue is with AMD processors please?
Because not only do I have to wait until public release day for my pledge to kick in meaning there was absolutely zero benefit to me handing over my money all those years ago, now I’m reading that there is a compatibility issue with the processors I choose to use. I’m fit to explode with anger about this project as it is. This would be the last straw.

2 Likes

Hey Zoot. I wouldn’t be bursting with anger, for the size of the team they have working on this projekt I would say they are doing incredibly well with where they are. The game still has a long way to go and a lot of content to be finished. This early access Program isn’t even an Alpha, much less a Beta so I understand their desire to keep inclusion limited so as to have more manageability in handling incoming reports on bugs, crashes and problems with the game on a foundation level. AMD processors at the moment are not supported by the launcher and so the game crashes before loading out of steam. I think they made an announcement about this some time ago detailing that as it stands certain processors do not work with the games programming but I strongly doubt this will be a permanent issue and will most likely be fixed before launch. It is hard to believe that as Popular and wide spread as AMD processors are they would be completely excluded from launch capabilities indefinitely. Just he patient and let the projekt play out. The community as a whole and the Devs are incredibly greatful for your support and donation to the projekt.

2 Likes

AMD processors are supported. AMD graphics GPUs are also supported except R9 and older due to lack of hardware support of some features the game is currently using.

2 Likes

When the Early Access first launched and I couldn’t get it to launch I was informed in response to my report of the issue it was because AMD processors were not supported. I hadn’t tried it sense. I just attempted to launch it now following your reply and it now says that Intel GPUs are not supported. It must’ve been a miscommunication in response to the original report or maybe something had changed, are Intel GPUs going to be Supported in the future?

Intel processors are supported and Intel “graphics cards” are not officially supported due to lack of performance, lack of hardware features and lack of performance. We have no plans to support Intel graphics cards in the near future.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’ll keep on splitting Access time with my partner till I can upgrade to a supported GPU. Keep up the amazing work you guys do.

1 Like